Complaint Review: Systemax Aka Tiger Direct Aka Onrebate.com Plus Others

• Submitted: Sat, December 09, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, June 26, 2007

• Reported By:Rockland Maine
Systemax Aka Tiger Direct Aka Onrebate.com Plus Others
11 Harbor Park Drive Port Washington, New York U.S.A.

Systemax Aka Tiger Direct Aka Onrebate.com Plus Others Dishonest - Evasive - Maybe In Trouble Port Washington New York and Other Places

*UPDATE Employee: Help with your rebate

Months ago I purchased a product from TigerDirect.com with a promised $60 rebate to be paid by Onrebate.com approved for payment months ago - it's still unpaid. My communications with the companies generated one email from the TigerDirect.com Customer Service telling me to send them copies of the correspondence, the order and so on and MAIL RECIEPTS. Who would think Registered Mail unless we mistrusted them? I suggest everybody that even considers buying anything from TigerDirect.com might investigate them first.

After some research it seems Systemax (SYX on the New York Stock Exchange) is the parent company of Tiger Direct and Onrebate.com. Systemax should take full responsibility for these bad business practices. After looking for more information about the companies online I discovered there are dozens of unhappy customers all over the country and probably around the world. For every one of us that reports a problem with rebates there are dozens of people who just accept the circumstances, give up and lose their money.

The marketing practices and testimonials of these companies are questionable. As a senior citizen on a fixed income I will share this report with everyone I can think of around New England and the country from State Attorney General Offices, to Senior Citizen Organizations, contacts at AARP, State Departments of Aging, Chambers of Commerce, Better Business Bureaus. Imagine, Systemax et al will get all this from me for just 60 bucks.

Dave
Rockland, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2006 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Systemax-Aka-Tiger-Direct-Aka-Onrebatecom-Plus-Others/Port-Washington-New-York/Systemax-Aka-Tiger-Direct-Aka-Onrebatecom-Plus-Others-Dishonest-Evasive-Maybe-In-Trou-224506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Systemax Aka Tiger Direct Aka Onrebate.com Plus Others

Dear Customer:

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and if the issue has not yet been resolved, I would be glad to assist you. To begin, please email me at alex@help.tigerdirect.com with your Tiger Direct order number in the subject line, as well as a brief summary of your rebate situation in the body of your email. If you have your rebate tracking number(s), you can include that also. Your issue will be researched, and we look forward to achieving a resolution for you as promptly as possible.