Complaint Review: Systweak

• Submitted: Sat, July 06, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: Gerald — San Antonio Texas
572 & 573, G-1, Tower B-1 Evolve IT/ITeS Mahindra World City, , Village Kalwara, Talu India

Systweak Technical support scam IT/ITeS Mahindra World City, Village Kalwara, Talu

*Author of original report: Problem solved

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response from Systweak Support - Corporate office

My computer was running slow, so I searched for a utility program that would resolve the problem, and I found Systweak's program, RegClean Pro. I downloaded it and ran a scan, and amazingly it found thousands of errors on my computer's registry. I purchased a license for $29.95 and "fixed" the errors. Then I started getting popups telling me that I needed another Systweak product for $39.95. That's when I called the technical support number for Systweak.

I received a call from someone from India two days later who I stupidly allowed to log on to my computer using ammyy.com. He tried to sell me a $249 one year contract for support, which I did not want. At this point I knew I made a big mistake. I had to literally hang up on him because he kept trying to sell me the support service. I went to the ammyy.com website and I found information about an Indian company representing itself as a technical support company who uses ammyy software to log on to a customer's computer and plant virus software. I had to call my bank and put a freeze on all my accounts.

Before I called tech support, I did install Advanced System Optimizer. It scanned my computer and found so many issues that I was surprised that my computer even ran at all. I believe that this company is running a scam and I intend to report it to every scam website I can find.

I immediately uninstalled the software. When I submitted a refund request on their website, I got the following message:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's computer and plant virus software."

I wonder how that happened! I have no idea what this means. I sent a refund request to their support desk by email. I have a feeling I am out the purchase price, but I am more concerned that they may have scanned my computer and retrieved sensitive information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 10:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Systweak/ITITeS-Mahindra-World-City-Village-Kalwara-Talu/Systweak-Technical-support-scam-ITITeS-Mahindra-World-City-Village-Kalwara-Talu-1064963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Systweak

Problem solved

AUTHOR: Gerald - ()

Thank you for taking care of the problem I was having. I did receive a refund in full. The software worked well but the problem I had was with the tech support company, (techmed, I think), and the annoying popups I was getting. When I uninstalled the program, everything went back to normal. I really don't think the popups are necessary and the support people were obviously trying to sell me an expensive and unnecessary service.

I do appreciate your prompt response to my complaint.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response from Systweak Support - Corporate office

AUTHOR: Systweak Support Team - ()

Dear Gerald
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
I want to assure you that our products are completely safe to use and used by over a million customers successfully to optimize their PC. We are Microsoft Gold Certified Company and our products are highly rated and reviewed.

Could you kindly send your refund request to support@systweak.com? We will refund your purchase immediately.

Systweak Software