Complaint Review: T-Mobil

• Reported By: James — Las Cruces New Mexico
T-Mobil
Nationwide USA

T-Mobil T-Mobil cell hell Nationwide

On January 3, 2013 My wife and I want to a T-Mobil store in Chandler AZ to purchase two phones and obtain service.  We were told the phones we requested (basic phones) were $130.00 each and they gave us the price for the monthly service, phone replacement insurance and told us we would have excellent service where we lived (not Phoenix) and we had to sign up for a two year contract; so we signed up for the service.  We were told that the payment for the phone would be included in the monthly payment for 18 months. The salesman said they didn't have the phones in stock and we needed to come back that evening. So we went back the next day to give the plenty of time. They still didn't have the phones and told us to come back later.  We found out later that this is a scam to make sure we don't cancel in the three day waiting period. And we also found out the the $130.00 phones were really $55.00 phones, that we really did not need to sign up for a two year contract and that the 18 months phone payments were really 21 months.

We also found out when we got home that, even though we live in the city we had no service.  We asked the neighbors about the service and they said T-Mobil has no service in the area.  They use ATT or Verizon for service. I called to address the problem with T-Mobil, they said our area has excellent service.  They kept me on the phone for two hours telling me there was service and then telling me that they were upgrading the service and everything would be fine in a month; that was lie it never got better.  I called again and again they kept me on the phone for over two hours.  After talking to three different people I got to some one that said I needed a booster.  It is a small box that I was to put in the part of the house where the signal was strongest; what signal.  I received a box with two boxes one is 6.25 in by 7 in and the other is 8in by 10 in and stands up. The box must be turned off at night as it puts out too much light.  This booster system, which my wife does not like the look of, at best will only get us two bars with frequent drops.  When we travel we see other people talking of there cell phoend but ours has no service.  We got these phones to make sure we had phone service for emergencies. I need to carry a Verizon phone when we travel to make sure we have coverage.

In February of 2014 we stayed in Florence AZ for two months.  We checked the T-Mobil website and it indicated that we would have good service in the area we would be staying in.   When we got to the rented house there was not service.  We asked the neighbors and were told there was no service for T-Mobil in the area we had to us ATT for Verizon.  I called T-Mobil and again and for over two hours was passed around finally talking to a per son that was supposed to help me. It was the retention person he clearly did not care the phone had no signal, he was rude, loud and tried to bully me.  He informed me that there was service in the area and that if I wanted to terminate it would cost $530.00.  I had to drive up the road eight miles toward another city to get a signal and then it was weak.

I am sick of lies, cons, being passed around when I call T-Mobil with them hoping I will hang up; two years in cell phone hell.  The above descriptions are only some of the problems we have.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2014 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobil/nationwide/T-Mobil-T-Mobil-cell-hell-Nationwide-1168987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobil