Complaint Review: T-Mobile (GoSmart)

• Submitted: Mon, April 15, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 15, 2013

• Reported By: Ashe — New York
T-Mobile (GoSmart)
5903 8th Ave Brooklyn, New York United States of America

T-Mobile (GoSmart) Absolutely NO refunds, even if what they knew or did was on THEIR part. Brooklyn, New York

My boyfriend and I took a trip to T-Mobe because we were interested in their $30 unlimited Talk & Text deal they have going on. He spoke to the lady, she asked him what service or provider he was currently with. He told her Red Pocket, AT&T was where he got the phone from. Reminder: this was before she took his money, not even bothering to tell us there would be an extra fee to unlock it because it was an AT&T protected phone.

So we went along, she asked for his money, she took the $30, then activated (I guess?) the chip and inserted it into his phone, only to find out, it doesn't work at all. Then she proceeded to tell us it was because he had AT&T and it needed to be unlocked, which she could do for an extra fee. Couldn't she have said so from the beginning?

He asked for a refund because he wasn't interested in digging this deep with the "simple" service anymore, and she refused him. From here, I asked her to point out in the store, the pamphlet, or the receipt she gave him, where it said there was a NO REFUND policy. She stated "I cannot provide you that information."

At this point, another lady stepped in, away from the customers she had been helping (rude, need I remind this business) and proceeded to raise her voice at me, as it I was stupid, and said, "We cannot provide that information! I cannot tell you! I can't refund you. You need to call customer service. Once this chip is activated, it is not MY problem."

Not her problem? Of course it's not her problem. They have already made their money and gyped us of ours!

I called customer service, waited on the phone with the KIND gentleman, and he apologized and listened to me thoughtfully, but could only tell me that there was nothing he could do, it had to be settled in the store.

I recommend NOT getting this service. The employees aren't very well trained in the knowledge of this business (at least not in this location!) and the ladies are very, very rude. I do no appreciate being treated like this is all my fault, not receiving a refund, and nowhere did it state on the sales pamphlet or in the store that I couldn't receive a refund!

I am both upset at how I was treated, and shocked I couldn't receive a refund over a simple problem.

Oh! Left out one detail! She also me mentioned that several other customers had demanded refunds from them, and that I wasn't the only one. Wow! Never would have guessed why! And when I asked for her name, she gave me a fake one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2013 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile-GoSmart/Brooklyn-New-York-11220/T-Mobile-GoSmart-Absolutely-NO-refunds-even-if-what-they-knew-or-did-was-on-THEIR-part-1043575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile (GoSmart)