Complaint Review: T-Mobile / Let's Talk Phones And Monthly Service Plans

• Submitted: Tue, May 26, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, May 29, 2009

• Reported By:Bloomington Indiana
T-Mobile / Let's Talk Phones And Monthly Service Plans
6341 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills, Texas U.S.A.

T-Mobile / Let's Talk Phones And Monthly Service Plans T-Mobile using Let's Talk to Rip you off or is Let's talk ripping of customers without T-Mobile knowing! Either way stay away. North Richland Hills Texas

*UPDATE Employee: lets talk

The conversations and email between myself and Let's Talk / T-Mobile.

I have been reimbursed for the price of the phone but not for the full amount of the charges. There were additional costs that came with the phone as well as the fee you billed me for the monthly plan (that has not been used) that was reqeusted not to be taken out of my account when I called and explained that I would be not excepting the phone. When I applied for this phone and this plan it was based on getting the phone for free. When I did not qualify for that you should have instructed me at that time and ASKED me if I wished to continue with the purchase now that the purchase price would no longer be the same and that it would go from $60 to over $200+. I had planned on still getting the phone and the service even though you making me pay for the phone, however after finding out the way you do business in that you don't even confer with your customers when there is a significant change in the price that is automatically being taken out of their account I found that to be dishonest and unprofessional. You did not allow for perperation to be taken into consideration that would come with the change in billing. How distastefull. You still need to pay back my bank for the taxes, shipping, and monthly service fee that you now owe them.

Be aware due to the report I have filed with my bank they will coming to you for the money to be reimburesed now. I gave them a copy of the print out of what you claimed to be billing me when origonally applying for the phone for $39.99. Then showed them the emails stating that I did not qualify for the phone for free and that were taking $199.00 out of my account. They agreed that this was not they way fair business is to be conducted and that you were completely in the wrong to assume that you could just take it apon yourself to bill for the phone. I have now been on the phone with your customer service for over 30 minutes after asking when the monthly service fees would be returned to the account. This is the same response I recieved when requesting the order be canceled before it was even taken out of my account. I was put on eternal hold so the rest of the order was allowed to go thru my account. No matter how many times I called I was asked to put on hold and no one ever came back to the phone. I do have this recorded and am turning it over to the bank to use during the investigation into your business practices. When I called again you now say that I will not be reimbursed for the monthly service fee of $39.00 even though I have returned the phone and am not using the service because you say it is in the terms and conditions. Wow. Are you serious? Nice.

Let's Talk what we all really need to know is if T-Mobile is in on all this with you. BILLING YOUR CARD- NO DELAYS is what it say's people. What you don't know is that when it say's your are being billed for one amount at the beginning of the order and then that amount being billed gets changed to a much larger one you have no ability to stop it whats so ever. I called 15 times and was only able to avoid one charge from reaching my account and that was for an accessory to a phone I thought I would be getting for free based on getting a two year contract. Wrong I was billid $199 for the phone and the $39.00 monthly service fee I was informed would not be reimbursed regardless of canceling the order or not using the service.

Sincerely,
Stephanie S
Spreading the word on T-Mobile and Let's Talk.

Stephanie
Bloomington, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2009 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile-Lets-Talk-Phones-And-Monthly-Service-Plans/North-Richland-Hills-Texas-76180/T-Mobile-Lets-Talk-Phones-And-Monthly-Service-Plans-T-Mobile-using-Lets-Talk-to-Rip-yo-455313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile / Let's Talk Phones And Monthly Service Plans

lets talk

AUTHOR: Lala - (U.S.A.)

wow i certainly am sorry you are having so many problems with lets talk. i am a direct t-mobile employee and i assure you this is not how t-mobile conducts business. letstalk.com is an independantly owned dealer of t-mobile services and therefore have their own policies and procedures not mandated by t-mobile. in any case you should not have been treated like this and believe that if an account was started up, contact our customer care department and we can help you file a complaint on letstalk.com. our customer service is 18009378997. this way these practices can be stopped. i hope this helps.