• Report: #202175

• Submitted: Thu, July 20, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, July 20, 2006

• Reported By:Va Beach Virginia
T-Mobile Rebate Center
PoBox 8340 Young America, Minnesota U.S.A.

T-Mobile Rebate Center ripoff REBAT FRAUD WILL NOT HONOR Young America Minnesota

n mid-December I purchased a new cell phone from an authorized T-Mobil dealer and had it activated. At that time I received a $50.00 rebate. The very next day I processed my rebate online. I have not heard anything about it since today, in which I received a letter from the T-Mobil rebate center; which stated that, they could not process my rebate and informed me to call a toll free number by the 15th of July.

This letter was not mailed until the 17th of July therefore I did not receive it until today the 20th of July: past the response time. I also called the T-Mobile rebate center and explained this to them, and talked to a supervisor named Josh (Rep #493612) who informed me that this rebate is now closed and there is nothing they can do. I asked if they would issue a new rebate, and was told NO! There is nothing they can do.

I called the T-Mobil rep that I purchased from and told them the situation and they told me to call back and talk to another supervisor or manager. I called back to talk to another supervisor or manager and received the same Josh.

He refused to transfer me to anyone else and told me no one else I talked to knew what they were talking about since they did not work in his department. This is clearly rebate FRAUD, and I will be reporting this to the proper authorities on rebate fraud. I have copies of the online submission of my rebate, which is dated. I copies of the letter I received today with the dates and post mark past the date that I was given to respond, foregoing any chance I may have had to resolve this situation with in the "time limit".

I was told by this Josh that the letters are computer generated, so it is not their fault or responsibility. The letter comes from their company; therefore, still their responsibility no matter who or how they are sent. Again this letter was dated the 7th of July, giving me until the 15th of July to respond, but was not mailed until the 17th of July, and being received by me on the 20th of July. This is clearly Fraud.

James
Va Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2006 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile-Rebate-Center/Young-America-Minnesota-55551/T-Mobile-Rebate-Center-ripoff-REBAT-FRAUD-WILL-NOT-HONOR-Young-America-Minnesota-202175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile Rebate Center