Complaint Review: T-Mobile USA, Inc

• Submitted: Wed, June 04, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 04, 2008

• Reported By:Lake Zurich Illinois
T-Mobile USA, Inc
PO Box 37380 Albuquerque, New Mexico U.S.A.

T-Mobile USA, Inc Charging excess money for the exchanged phone even old phone was covered by warranty Albuquerque New Mexico

May 14, 2007 I had bought Nokia Kit 5300 VSW Lilac. At the very beginning, we had informed customer service that SIM card was not fitting properly, a few times I had contacted customer service because handset was loosing sound. Customer service helped me to restore the service. Finally, this March the phone stopped working all together. Again we contacted customer service and were advised that the phone speaker is out of service. Customer service advised to replace the phone only by Motorola Razor and told us that only if we will take Razor we will not be charged because old phone Nokia was still covered by warranty.

After receiving the invoice we realized that we were charged over $100 for the new phone. Customer service advised us that old phone is out of warranty because we physically damaged it. Phone was not damaged. The issue was the faulty speaker.

I strongly disagree to pay the charged amount because the phone speaker still was covered by warranty. If phone had additional damages, it is a possibility that it was damaged by carrier because T-Mobile provided only envelope to return faulty handset and not a padded box.

In addition I can get a new phone for much lower price because I am entitled for upgrade and I would choose different phone not Motorola Razor.

Fdi
Lake Zurich, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2008 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile-USA-Inc/Albuquerque-New-Mexico/T-Mobile-USA-Inc-Charging-excess-money-for-the-exchanged-phone-even-old-phone-was-covered-336995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile USA, Inc