- Report: #922051
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: T-Mobile USA Inc.
T-Mobile USA Inc.12920 SE 38th Street. Bellevue, WA 98006 Bellevue, Washington United States of America
T-Mobile USA Inc. Breach of Contract, Theft, Terrible Customer Service Bellevue, Washington
My experience was as follows:
1. I purchased a phone and an activation kit online, which I received and activated Friday evening, 7/27/2012.
2. Upon activation, I discovered that there was no service inside my home. Since that is a major place that I make calls, I was concerned, and tried working with the phone/coverage over the weekend. Unfortunately, the service will not provide what I need, so I elected to cancel the
service and return the phone.
3. I called this morning and asked for cancellation due to lack of coverage, and a refund. I was told the account had been cancelled, and that since I was within 14 days of my initial activation, I could be issued a refund. The rep transferred me to the "refill" department, saying they would be able to process my refund. I was concerned about being 'blind transferred' like this, but waited on hold.
4. The phone menu only gave me the option to "refill my account", so I chose that option. The rep I was connected to said she could not help me with that, and would need to transfer me to someone else. I reluctantly waited on hold for a second time.
5. A rep named Kay (rep ID# 0178) came on the line saying she was a supervisor. I told her I had cancelled my account because I didn't have coverage in my home, and that I was told her department could issue me a refund. Kay looked up my account and told me since it had been
cancelled (although less than 10 minutes before), there was "nothing she could do."
6. At this point I was feeling very frustrated. I told Kay about my experience, that I had been transferred twice, that I'd been told her department could help me. She said she "could not do
anything" and offered to transfer me back to the customer service department. I told her I had just been transferred from there, and did not want to be sent back, since I would likely just be sent back to her department again.
7. I asked Kay if she would take responsibility for the call and see to it that I got to the right
department. She said she no, and that she "could not" help me. I asked her again if she would accept some accountability as part of good customer service, and help me get the issue resolved. She said "we just process payments for T-mobile, there's nothing I can do." She then offered to transfer me back to customer service. I very reluctantly accepted and was transferred.
8. I was connected to a rep in Customer Service, and told him I was looking for a refund on an account that had just been cancelled. This rep told me that since I was on a prepaid plan, I was not eligible for a refund. At this point I became very frustrated and demanded to speak to a supervisor.
9. I was connected to David N. (rep ID# 854090), who spoke with me at length
about the issue. David was the only bright spot in the otherwise terrible customer service experience I had this morning. He was patient with me (despite how frustrated & upset I was), listened to what I had to say, and provided the only option he had available to him--that
of having me contact the corporate offices of T-mobile. He provided me your email address, and I thanked him and proceeded to write this email. David did explain that the situation was out of his hands, and that the system did not allow him to take actions towards providing my refund, particularly with the account having already been cancelled.
So the situation is this:
-I purchased and activated your service with the expectation (backed up by your online coverage maps) that I would have cell signal in my major calling area.
-Once activated, I had 1 or zero bars of coverage in my home. This was consistent over several days of testing.
-Since I was not receiving the service I paid for, I feel I am due a refund for the price of the service.
-I have been told that I am eligible for that refund (then later told I wasn't), then told that because a T-mobile customer service representative cancelled my account, a refund cannot be given. Customer service provided to me was exceptionally poor (with the noted exception
-I am not responsible for the error of a T-mobile rep in failing to issue a refund prior to closing the account.
-Again, I did not receive the service I paid for--therefore I should be issued a refund.
These are tough economic times, and I personally have been out of work for over a year. I was interested in a T-mobile prepaid plan because I had heard good things about the service, and needed to save money. Instead I had my money taken from me, was not provided with the service I paid for, and was treated poorly by T-mobile representatives when I objected.
I respectfully request a refund of my plan fee as a gesture of good faith on the part of T-mobile.
I've since been called by someone from the corporate office who interrupted me, talked over me, and repeated over and over "it's our policy not to give refunds". He refused to answer any of my questions and when I complained about that, threatened to "end the call."
I filed a report with the Better Business Bureau yesterday, and the T-mobile corporate office contacted me again today to "explain their stance." I told them I'd already heard their 'stance' and had no interest in hearing it again, so he ended the call.
The dishonesty and complete lack of concern for the customer shown by the T-mobile company in this instance is disgusting, if not outright criminal.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile-USA-Inc/Bellevue-Washington-98006/T-Mobile-USA-Inc-Breach-of-Contract-Theft-Terrible-Customer-Service-Bellevue-Washingt-922051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)