Complaint Review: T-Mobile USA Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, July 08, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: Eugenelb — Wrightwood California
T-Mobile USA Inc.
12920 S.E. 38th Street, Bellevue, WA Internet USA

T-Mobile USA Inc. T-Mobile less service in more places. Bellevue Washington

I was a happy client of T-mobiles no-contracts service until December of 2011, when I tried to enable international features on my phone.  I called into T-mobile and was told by a representative could add the features if I added some money to my on-line account.

I log into my account and added money,  T-mobile automagically applied the funds toward next month service.  I called into T-mobile and asked if they could apply the funds toward the international service that I wanted.   I was told that I could not reapply the funds the way I wanted.   Then I was told the only way I could get my money back is if I closed my account and they could issue a refund check by mail.

I needed my cell phone for business and I am leaving the country the next day.  The underpaid hungry over educated associate from India explained they only way I could get the international service on my phone and maintain my service and not pay more money would to be to enter into a contract.   I said I didn't want the contract, and felt I was being extorted for my money or cancellation of my service that I already paid for.

To prevent interruption of my business and without resource to pay more, I felted forced to enter into contract so I could complete my business.

I wrote email and faxed a letter to thier legal department within the week, stating I did not want the contract and wanted to return to my monthly service.

I received a legal response to my correspondence, stating that that T-mobile was right.   I am sure that the cost of the response to my letter severely eroded the profit made by extorted contract. Representing a corporation such as T-mobile legally must very rewarding.  I am sure that they keep there legal staff very busy, maybe that is why their service and policies suffers so much.

Then my bill creeps up to ~$80 under contract while Tmobile offers ~$50 for non contracted customers. I get extra charges tacked onto for non-payment and If I don't want the service anymore I have to pay to get out of contract. The expensive Internet service I was paying for worked poorly for the most part and I felt ripped off.  I nearly stopped using the service when I moved to Wrightwood area in 2012, were I was unable to receive reliable T-mobile service at my primary residence.
Now I was trapped in Tmobile contract, were Verizon was the only carrier with reliable service in my area.

Talking to T-mobile, they say I could work for them and help them improve their network for free.

Perhaps you may consider this slogan ->

TMobile less service in more places.

I averaged 2 bounces and one drop call when trying to resolve issues on the phone.

TMobile we don't care because we don't have to.

I am looking forward to my termination letter and plan to fight them for my wasted time on the phone, bogus charges , coupled with fasle advertisement, poor service and total lack of human courtesy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile-USA-Inc/internet/T-Mobile-USA-Inc-T-Mobile-less-service-in-more-places-Bellevue-Washington-1065185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile USA Inc.