Complaint Review: T-Mobile USA, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, June 24, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, June 24, 2011

• Reported By: Chery — Fairfax Virginia United States of America
T-Mobile USA, Inc.
PO Box 37380 Internet United States of America

T-Mobile USA, Inc. misled me into changing my plan to increase their profits; refuse to correct their error , Internet

When I spoke to a CSR (customer service rep) on 09/21010 over the phone to change my plan to reduce my bill, she suggested I decrease my minutes too 750 then go online to learn how to apply parental retrictions. Changes would not go into effect until I went online and made the changes. When I went online to T-Mobile, I found other plans that were better for my situation so I did not choose the 750 minute option.

That evening I spoke with my children (also T-mobile users) and decided to choose a plan which offered more minutes. The next day (09/22/10) I called a CSR and said at this point I didn't want to make any changes in my plan.

T-Mobile made the changes anyway. I have spoken to a CSR three times since, the only response being they would change my plan if I agreed to a new two year contract. I have spoken to supervisor after supervisor until I was ultimately informed the supervisor was on another line and would return my call. [continued below]....
..... No return call after a month.

I have Multiple Sclerosis and arthritis so my son or daughter do my typing for me. They type all business/personal corespondence, medical/social security forms and they pay my bills online through my bank. T-Mobile claims I have been charged $59.99/month since September for the 750 minute plan and the excess charges are because we went over our minutes. I have not seen a bill because my children pay them then toss them away.

My payments since August 2011 were:

9/22/10   $263.88

11/30/10 $308.89

1/26/11 $ 99.46

2/28/11   $266.50

3/31/11   $217.99

This averages out to $145/month. Exactly what I paid before 9/21/10! This seemed right to me until I received a bill (for usage 3/14/11- 4/13/11) for $314.89. Then a bill (for usage 4/14/11-5/13/11) for $187.53. Then a bill (for usage 5/14/11- 6/13/11) for $102.58.

I have spoken to a CSR three or four times since April 2011 and written to the office in Albuquerque, NM. I am told all the charges since 09/21/10 are accurate and no adjustments will be issued. This situation feels as if I am being coersed into signing another two year contract with them because the previous plan I had ( Family Plan Unlimited Nights 2500 minutes) is no longer being offered.

My current bill is $295.00 (past due $192.42). I think T-Mobile owes me $200.23 (usage charge 4/14/11) plus $84.14 ( 5/14/11) plus $4.03 ( 6/14/11). This totals $288.41.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2011 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile-USA-Inc/internet/T-Mobile-USA-Inc-misled-me-into-changing-my-plan-to-increase-their-profits-refuse-to-c-744851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile USA, Inc.