Complaint Review: T Mobile prepay

• Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012

• Reported By: Anon — San Antonio Texas United States of America
T Mobile prepay
San Antonio, Texas United States of America

T Mobile prepay Sold me a USED phone! Lied about charges! Refused to fix while under contract! San Antonio, Texas

I went to T Mobile one year ago. I asked many questions about the PrePay contract. I also live in northern state part of the year. I asked them to look on their map to see if I would have coverage up north. The salesgirl did, and said "yes", you will have coverage. Talk, text, and web. When I went up north a few months later I ended up without Navigation. I got lost badly. I was delayed about 3 hours because I did not have navigation. Then I could not get web. They had lied to me. I would not have Internet where I live in the north. When roaming you do not have Internet. Also, I received a bill for about $7.00 which they said was an international call. I did not place or receive an international call.

When I asked for a supervisor she told me it was not for an international call, but for getting/sending text messages while roaming. Later on I found out there IS NO CHARGE FOR TEXT MESSAGES WHEN ROAMING!! When I bought the first phone, it did not work AT ALL in my condo. It would work outside, but not inside. (The salesperson checked to see that I would have service BEFORE I BOUGHT THE PHONE!). When I returned it 6 days later(I had 10 days to return it), the person in-charge at the same store said "too bad-it,isn't our fault it does not work". She refused to let me replace it with an upgrade. She was going to charge me the full price of an upgraded phone, plus the full price of the phone that did not work!

I started telling people in the store what she was doing, then she let me buy an upgrade. When I had problems with that phone also later,the salesperson said that 'prepay phones are not under warranty'. Later that day I called 611 and asked why they would not honor a warranty of a prepay.The guy online said that I had been sold a used phone, that had already been used for another number. They sold me a used phone!! I paid full price for a used phone!! DO NOT USE T MOBILE! THEY LIE!! ABOUT EVERYTHING! Make your complaints to the FCC so investigations can be made.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2012 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile-prepay/San-Antonio-Texas-78230/T-Mobile-prepay-Sold-me-a-USED-phone-Lied-about-charges-Refused-to-fix-while-under-cont-989424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T Mobile prepay