Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• Reported By: Drew H — Fayetteville Georgia
T-Mobile
12920 SE 38th Street Bellevue, Washington Uruguay

T-Mobile Cell Phone, Samsung, Galaxy S3 SIII, SD Card Bellevue Washington

*Author of original report: Issue resolved

*Consumer Suggestion: An easy solution for the future

I have an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and SD Card provided by T-Mobile.  We purchased 2 phones in December 2012.  Around 4 weeks ago both of our phones cleared all of the pictures off of our phones and damaged the SD Cards.

This is a known problem with the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4, Note 2 and Note 3 phones but neither T-Mobile or Samsung are doing anything about it.  According to my research thousands of customers have had the exact same issue with their phone and neither T-Mobile or Samsung are offering any support for this known problem.  The problem is a design flaw with the phone that damages the SD Card so that you cannot retrieve any information from it.

This is extremely important to me because the phone and SD Card has irreplacable pictures of our newborn son for the first 7 months of his life.  These pictures start with the first picture ever taken of Wyatt, our first time holding him, video of his first bath and many other irreplacable memories.  I recieved a quote from a company in Atlanta who said they could possibly retrieve the data from the SD Card.  Unfortunately it is an extremely difficult and expensive process (I was quoted $1000 per SD Card with no guarantee).

I have contacted T-Mobile several times with no help.  After around 10 calls I did some research and found the number to their executive response team.  After several calls I was offered a $200 credit on my bill and to replace our phones with the exact same phones.  Knowing that nothing has been done to correct the issue with the Galaxy S3 we requested a different type of phone.  We were told by T-Mobile that Samsung says the problem does not exist and they were unwilling to replace the phone with anything besided the Galaxy S3.  We were offered to purchase a different phone at full price if we wanted a different phone.

There are lemon laws for cars, but apparently no law aganist a company providing you with a defective cell phone and replacing it with a defective cell phone when it fails.  This issue has cost me something that may never be replaced.  It's sad that it took countless phone calls, e-mails and hours of my time to get in touch with someone and they obviously don't care.

It is clear that there is a defect in their product but they are choosing to ignore it.  This issue is one of the largest complaints by Galaxy S3 customers according to online reviews and T-Mobile's own forum.

At this point I don't know what to do.  I am stuck deciding if we will spend Christmas money on trying to retrieve these images or if we will have to let them go.  Most of all, I am disappointed in a company that I believed in and supported for over 9 years turning their back on me when I need them the most.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2013 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/Bellevue-Washington-98006/T-Mobile-Cell-Phone-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-SIII-SD-Card-Bellevue-Washington-1105036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile

Issue resolved

AUTHOR: Drew - ()

This issue was resolved by T-Mobile.  I got in contact with the correct person at T-Mobile who did a very good job helping us.  It took a few steps, but they definately did a great job and I will be a T-Mobile customer for years to come!!  Great job T-Mobile showing that you really do care about your customers!!  Thanks again Heather Adams!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

An easy solution for the future

AUTHOR: Mark - ()

I own a galaxy III also.  Same thing happened to me 6 months ago but what was different was that i utilized the software that is recommended with the galaxy called Samsung Kies.  The software will back up the entire phone,  It can be set up to a wireless access to phone from your computer,   When I got the error on the phone that my SD card was damaged and needed to be reformated I freaked.   BUT  everything on the card was on my computer hard drive. everything!  So I reformated the SD card and I havent had any problems since then.   Back up, Back up Back up is what i would say.