Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• Updated: Sat, January 12, 2013

• Reported By: Dancer56 — Fresno California United States of America
T-Mobile

T-Mobile Fraudulent practices of T-Mobile Internet

Last year, my contract expired with T-mobile. I called them and asked to be switched to "pay by the minute". I only use my cell phone for 200 - 300 minutes a month. When I spoke to their representative, the first words out of my mouth were "I don't want a contract". She assured me that I would be month to month. She said that they had a plan that charged $19.95 per month for up to 300 minutes. I questioned her as to if this was a contract and she assured me that it was a month to month plan. I agreed and for the next year, I did not notice any problems. However, in July 2012, I decided to go with another carrier. I started receiving harassing phone calls from T-Mobile made by a computer 4 - 6 times a day, everyday. I finally called the company to see why they were harassing me. I was informed that I owed for one year on my contract. I explained my position and that I never signed any document agreeing to a contract but was told that the employee fraudulently enrolled my in a contract without my permission. But he also stated that there was nothing I could do about it. I wrote T-mobile management asking to see the contract but was informed "that according to their records, I had a contract" but failed to produce any documentation written or oral to substantiate their position. Since then, I have been contacted by a collection agency or so they claim and contacted by a man professing to be an attorney. So far, I have ignored their correspondence. Any ideas??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2013 08:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/internet/T-Mobile-Fraudulent-practices-of-T-Mobile-Internet-995875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile