Susan

• Submitted: Mon, January 16, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, January 17, 2012

• Reported By: C_Harms — Wayland Michigan United States of America
T-Mobile

T-Mobile T-Mobile USA They could not supply service for new home address Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: VoR

*Consumer Comment: T Mobile probably within their rights, BUT...

*Author of original report: T-Mobile Renewed my contract at New address

*Consumer Comment: Let me see if I understand

To start I was a happy customer until they lied to me and charged me for service they could not supply.I found out today that the three phones I have had could not work due to no coverage where I live however T-Mobile never told me and continued to tell me that the phones were the issue while charging me for services they could not supply.The area where I live they only have 2g services which limits all usage predated back to 2001.None of my phones worked for about 8 months while I tried to get these problems fixed and after being told they could do nothing more they told me I could cancel and be charged $600 for termination after 7 years of being a loyal customer. How can they expect someone to pay termination fees when they can not supply a service...  I told them I should not be held liable for something I can not change or fix myself because I am not the party at fault. The rep on the phone told me he agrees I should not be held liable but they can not forgo termination fees even when they are the liable party. I just want to be done with T-Mobile no fees. I tried all of their suggestions and nothing worked can someone please help?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2012 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/internet/T-Mobile-T-Mobile-USA-They-could-not-supply-service-for-new-home-address-Internet-Interne-823603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile

VoR

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

I agree to a point, but in this day and age you still cant expect every national carrier to have service everywhere. They don't, none of them. try living in rural missouri like I do. Where I live gets excellent AT+T coverage, where I work doesn't. Most everyone in the town I work in has verizon because they provide coverage in this area. Sprint has zero service here, and I don't know anyone who has t-mobile. It varies from town to town in this part of the country on which carrier will actually have service.

As for your advice, I would tend to agree. Cancel the service, and refuse to pay it. You will take a ding to your credit though, and they may sue you someday.

Looking at T-Mobile's map, they dont offer service in all of your area, its spotty at best. You should probably research your carriers, you may have the same problem as around here.

T Mobile probably within their rights, BUT...

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Even at its best coverage, T Mobile probably (S word rhyming with Tucks).

A person in this day and age has to move for whatever reason, they ought to have reasonable assurance from a nationwide carrier like T Mobile that their service will work properly, and if it doesn't, T Mobile should man up and let them out of the dad blasted contract without penalty. Having to purchase new phones with a new carrier is penalty enough.

T Mobile is over a decade old already. NO excuse for not having adequate coverage anywhere in this nation anymore.

Yes, technically the customer is on the hook, and if so, then I feel a Federal law or FCC ruling ought to be enacted allowing such utility contracts to be voided when a material change takes place like a move out of area, at least if said move is necessitated by job, legal or health situations.

Whassamatter T Mobile? The billions in free money from AT&T ain't enough to keep you propped up?

My limited advice, with risks, to customer: Refuse to pay it and notify the credit agencies of your reasonable reason. It may still end up affecting your credit. That's the trade off. Make sure T Mobile can't reach into any bank accounts going forward. All they can do is send you to collections.

T-Mobile Renewed my contract at New address

AUTHOR: C_Harms - (United States of America)

When I moved the renewed my contract changed my services and sold me new phone never telling me there was no coverage where I lived. They hold the burden to tell me while out of contract whether they can renew in the area I live.

Let me see if I understand

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You decided to move and your new address does not have 3g coverage for T-mobile and this is t-mobile's fault? Did they force you to move somewhere they didnt offer full coverage? How exactly are they ripping you off when you decided to move there?