Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• Updated: Thu, May 17, 2012

• Reported By: Shannon K — Huntsville Alabama United States of America
T-Mobile

T-Mobile Tmobile, Internet

My name is Shannon. I was a T-Mobile Customer from September 2011 to March 2012. I cancelled my account on 3/26 due to a change in my T-Mobile contract that I received in my March bill. The notice indicated that my contract was being changed and that I would be limited to the amount of data usage while roaming.

In the 6 months that I was a customer with T-Mobile, I had to send my device in for replacement 4 separate times. One of the replacement devices sent to me had a cracked screen and when I had to return it less than 24 hours later, I was charged for the cracked screen.

I spoke with a supervisor on 3/26 who explained to me, falsely, that the computer system would know that I was canceling my account because of this change in contract and I would not be charged my ETFs. I was very skeptical of this because I do not believe that your computer system is that intuitive. I asked the supervisor to notate my account to this effect, which she agreed to--- of course, I learned today that it was not notated as she promised.

As I expected, I received my bill today and two ETF charges are on my account for a total of $400. I contacted customer support who refused to help me. I spoke with Leon, a supervisor (116802950), who informed me that I was not eligible for the waiver of my fee because I hadn't incurred any charges because of the change. I explained that I cancelled my account prior to the new contract taking effect because I did not want to be charged. He still refused to assist me.

At this point, I am quite frustrated with T-Mobile. In the 6 months that I was a customer, I was lied to numerous times, my service was less than quality, and my customer experience was horrid. On top of that, I cancelled my contract because T-Mobile made a change to my contract that I did not agree to and T-Mobile is now failing to honor their own terms and service agreement by waiving my ETFs.

T-Mobile's Executive Customer Support, Euguene and Jay are absolutely horrible. They did NOTHING to fix the problem or even assist with the situation. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and with the AG's office, both of which have done nothing and stand by T-Mobile.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/internet/T-Mobile-Tmobile-Internet-884125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile