Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• Updated: Mon, November 22, 2004

• Reported By:Minneapolis Minnesota
T-Mobile
www.tmobile.com Internet U.S.A.

T-Mobile Will not reimburse me for their lack of emergency service networking National Internet

*UPDATE Employee: 911 Not Available?

In the early morning hours of Aug. 24, 2004 I was robbed at gunpoint while walking home. The suspect did not take my phone...yet. After he got fifty some cents from me he left and walked around the corner. I then stayed where I was and dialed 911 from my T-Mobile cell phone. Except I didn't get 911. I reached a local retailer's answering machine. I tried dialing twice and got the same machine both times. This was all in a matter of about a minute and a half. So I started walking the same way I was goin (the same way as the robber) thinking that he would be long gone. At that point he came back and saw that I was using my phone. He grabbed my phone and told me to run, which I should have done in the first place and did then.

T-Mobile says they will not replace my phone. I am upset because if I would have gotten through to 911 the police would have come right away and I would still have my phone. And they most likely would have caught the criminal. I have spent much time on the phone with T-Mobile explaining why I am upset and no one seems to understand. What if I was shot or stabbed durring this robbery. I would have lied there bleeding, dying, trying to call 911 but not getting through. What about the future. What if this happens again and someone else can't get through.

In the end I was victimized twice. Once for being robbed, and once for having to pay for T-Mobile's lack of service/coverage. If you own a phone (land line or mobile) you pay for emergency service every month. It should work all of the time.

Matt
Minneapolis, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2004 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/internet/T-Mobile-Will-not-reimburse-me-for-their-lack-of-emergency-service-networking-National-Int-105506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile

911 Not Available?

AUTHOR: Jesse - (U.S.A.)

When you dial 911 from your cell, it will utilize whatever carrier's network it can find to complete the call, now yes maybe there could have been a routing issue, but the coverage has nothing to do with it, in this case, if you could not access 911 at all, than there were no GSM carriers that would have been able to connect the call for you.

As far as T-Mobile is concerned emergency call routing is handled by the local PUC, it is their job to make sure emergency services are functioning correctly,

Unfortunately this happened to you, and for that i am sorry, but do you expect T-Mobile to give everyone who was robbed a free phone?