Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• Updated: Thu, August 09, 2007

• Reported By:Lexington Kentucky
T-Mobile
Internet U.S.A.

T-Mobile t-mobile to t-mobile not free as promised ripoff Santa Barbara California Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Good Luck Lori

*Author of original report: why are people still trying to convince me?

*UPDATE Employee: Lori-You are still wrong

*Author of original report: who to contact at t-mobile for help

*Author of original report: Sorry, hate to break it to YOU

*UPDATE Employee: mobile to mobile

My plan includes t mobile to t mobile calls. this is not a friends and family plan that limits how many t-mobile callers you can talk to for free.

The plan I signed up for no longer exists, therefore when I told Yvette and Brian at customer service that the charges on my bill for minutes overage would not have occurred if they had not inlcuded the minutes I used to check my voice mail, because the number to check your voice mail is a t-mobile number.

They argued that my plan does not have free tmobile to tmobile calls, becuase the plan listed in their choices that has a name similar to the name of the plan I signed up for 2 years does not have this feature. I tried to explain that I would 1) not go over my minutes just to check my voice mail and 2) $50 in overage charges becuase they want me to pay for what is included in the plan (voice mail)

The whole thing was so crazy, the people I talked to only offered to sign me up for the tmobile to tmobile $7 per month plan so I would not have to pay to use my voice mail.

I know that the plan I signed up for offered free mobile to mobile, just because they don't offer this plan anymore should not matter.

Lori
Lexington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2007 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/internet/T-Mobile-t-mobile-to-t-mobile-not-free-as-promised-ripoff-Santa-Barbara-California-Interne-237896. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile

Good Luck Lori

AUTHOR: Jimbo831 - (U.S.A.)

I hope you enjoy your service with Cingular, I really do. I will tell you that I had service with them for way too many years before I started working for T-Mobile and they are terrible in the customer service department, absolutely terrible. Also, as far as getting out of your contract, that will only work if you contact T-Mobile within 14 days of when that started, ie. June 14th. If you call in now, you will have agreed to the new terms by using your service for more thhan 14 days after that change was made. Kind of sucks, but it's in the terms of service and the change was announced on a few bills.

why are people still trying to convince me?

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

I had that problem with T Mobile a long time ago, I have since been able to get out of my TMOBILE contract and have been with At&t for some time. They truly have mobile to mobile, which includes voice mail.

I got out of my TMOBILE contract over 1 year early when they raised the text messaging rates. Anyone who has a contract more than about 6 months old can do the same, even if you only received 1 text message ever in your life prior to December 2006, just tell them you can't stay becuase the text message rates went up and your contract says if this happens (or does not say it) you can get out early, no terminication fee. Worked for me and I am thrilled to be away from TMOBILE. The employees (just like the ones posting on here) are uneducated and illinformed.

AUTHOR: Jimbo831 - (U.S.A.)

I'm surprised neither of the two other employees mentioned this, but keep in mind that a call to your voicemail is NOT considered a mobile to mobile call. Those are only for calls to T-Mobile customers, not to your own voicemail. You didn't get that credit because you were right, but probably because you complained to the right people and were courteous and reasonable and the company gave it to you as a courtesy to keep you happy as a customer.

As was stated previously, there are no plans besides Family plans that have mobile to mobile included for a long long time.

Lori-You are still wrong

AUTHOR: Nicole - (U.S.A.)

Lori-The employee in earlier postings is completely correct. The plan that you may have gotten years ago may have included the Mobile 2 Mobile calling, but no individual nationwide plan does anymore. Take a peek at the website.

The only plans that offer unlimited Mobile 2 Mobile IN the plans are the regular Family Plans. If you make certain changes to your accounts, like a number change or rate plan change for more minutes, the same terms do not apply. THINGS CHANGE.

You probably got the credit due to your old agreement terms and the confusion on your own part. They took pity on you and you got lucky. Be happy.

who to contact at t-mobile for help

Home Office:
ROBERT DOTSON
12920 SE 38th Street.
Bellevue, WA 98006
1-800-318-9270
that is the corporate office hello ive called and it is not customer care nor a supervisor and after i called when i got my free razor and vip free month of service i also got a letter form this person (no not robert) but from someone handling complaints that only come threw the corparte office office not a fax number nor customer care the ceo office. when you dial the number it says we are hear 9-5 and if you call after hours it says to dial your part by name press 2 now that is not customer care that is the corpearte office . follow up before you make staements like that...

Sorry, hate to break it to YOU

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

You may work there but just like the people I discussed this with for 2 hours at t mobile, you are not correct either. I have sinced called CEO of T-Mobile, Robert Dotson, President of T-Mobile USA and board member of T-Mobile International, as CEO and President of T-Mobile USA. He apologized for the lack of knowledge of his employees and refunded me $111.06 he assures me more training is in the works on this issue.

AUTHOR: Crystal - (U.S.A.)

Hate to break it to you, Lori, but mobile to mobile has not been included in individual plans for a looooooong time. I have worked for the company for over 4 years and we haven't offered those plans since I've been here. Is it possible that you were a little confused on what your plan included?