Complaint Review: T-Mobile

• Updated: Wed, July 30, 2014

• Reported By: John — Framingham Massachusetts
T-Mobile
Nationwide USA

T-Mobile Billed for full malfunctional phone even though I only receive partial phone and returned it Nationwide

I had purchased an insurance plan from T-Mobile called JUMP.  My phone encountered a mechanical problem and I had requested a replacement.  The replacement phone was a refurbished phone and it did not include a battery and backplate or charger and headphone or any detachable pieces.  It was a samsung note 3.

When you receive the replacement phone, you must return the defective phone within 60 days or they will charge you for the phone.  My issue was that my phone was not returned within 60 days because the mail carrier did not recognize the box at the company mailroom and so it was not picked up and my wife had unknowingly paid for the charge of $700 which is the cost of a new phone with its accessories and not for just a refurbished phone.

My defective phone was returned and I have confirmation that it was returned, and it was acknowledged by T-Mobile, however they will not credit me back for the $700 I had paid even if they received the phone.  So as a consumer I am out of luck and there is nothing they can or will do for you and their insurance policy did not state that if you return the phone of if you did not return the phone you will be charged for the cost of a new phone eventhough they replaced the phone with a refurbished phone without all the standard accessories like chargers and battery.

However when they send you a replacement refurbished phone, they do not include the battery, back cover plate or any detachable parts because they assume that those are are not the defective parts.  They still charge you for the new phone and even though I did not get a complete phone and even if I returned it.

So, I am writing this to inform the public to avoid buying the insurance plan because it really does not protect you and they do not have any procedures to confirm or protect you if you returned your phone and it gets to the warehouse.  The customer support manager said that they do not have any phone contact at the warehouse and that they can't confirm or help retrieve the phone.

The risk is that even if the phone was delivered, you are still under the mercy of the warehouse and they can not retrieve and items back or if it is not recorded.

The only thing they can confirm is the tracking number from the delivery carrier and they said to take it up with the carrier for reimbursement.  I said the the delivery carrier is not responsible because they delivered the phone and so how is it fare to me to lose $700 for a phone which I do not have.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2014 10:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/nationwide/T-Mobile-Billed-for-full-malfunctional-phone-even-though-I-only-receive-partial-phone-and-1166294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile