Complaint Review: T Mobile

• Updated: Fri, June 20, 2014

• Reported By: Jackie R — WA Washington
T Mobile
Nationwide USA

T-Mobile Double charged my debit card and giving me a hassle getting my $455.00 back!! Nationwide

I setup an automatic payment for $454.45 to pay my bill because my account was past due and suspended as a result of me being out of work with a broken ankle.  I received money to pay the bill sooner than the automated payment date so I called customer care to see if I could cancel the automated payment and just pay right then and there to have my service restored, HUGE MISTAKE!  I asked the representative several times whether or not doing so would cause me to be double charged and she assured me I had nothing to worry about she would delete the automatic payment in the system and I could just pay right then and there, she suggested I round up my payment to $455.00 so I did and had my debit card charged.  A few hours later I checked my bank account and to my horror I see two charges from T-Mobile totaling $909.45 I was absolutely livid!  I called customer care and was told by a rep there was nothing they could do because t-mobile doesn't take possession of the funds until after 24 hours so I would have to call my bank and do a stop payment TOTAL B.S. my bank couldn't help because t-mobile had ALREADY taken the money.  So I call customer care (they should really reconsider that name because they don't care!) This time I reached a representative who was in the highest "tier" of reps who processed a refund request and told me I'd find out the decision on my request in 24 hours.  I'm so confused as to why a decision even has to be made to give me back my money when they have representatives who lie to get your money from you and overcharge me money that I can't afford.   I'm utterly disgusted at how a major company like t-mobile does business.  I'm still awaiting said "decision" if they deny my refund request I will be taking them to small claims court,  I don't have $455.00 laying around to be credited to a phone company who's service sucks anyway!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2014 06:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/nationwide/T-Mobile-Double-charged-my-debit-card-and-giving-me-a-hassle-getting-my-45500-back-Na-1156186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T Mobile