Complaint Review: T-Mobile

T-Mobile
tmobile.com Nationwide U.S.A.

T-Mobile ,T-Mobile: Extended contract without permission! Nationwide

*Author of original report: Resolved

I initially switched from AT&T to T-Mobile in July of 2007. I received the free handset, which was fine. In September, I purchased a phone (Samsung Blast) in a retail location to replace the free unit. I paid what I was told, was the full price of the phone as I did not wish to extend my contract. In December, this phone was accidentally broken, and I did not have handset insurance. So as a gift, I recieved a T-Mobile Dash from a friend. This is a data device.

I called a few days ago to inquire about the terms of the "Smart Access" plan I was on, wishing to either buy up to a data plan, or to see if I had to wait until the initial 12 month contract expired. I was informed that when I purchased the previous phone, my contract was automatically extended. I DID NOT authorize this, nor would I have knowing the circumstances. I paid full price for the handset as well.

I called a second time to confirm. Although polite and apologetic, the customer service representative I spoke with told me that she could not fix this. I would have to go to the retail store where I bought the previous (now broken) phone, and have a sales rep call customer service. The reps in the retail store said there wasn't anything they could do.

By then I became quite upset, and I feel cheated. I have since returned to AT&T, porting my number with me, as I wished to keep the number. And along with my final bill, I am positive there will be a $200 early termination fee, which I feel should be waived considering it is noted that I never approved a contract extension. I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Dave
Hartford, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2008 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/nationwide/T-Mobile-T-Mobile-Extended-contract-without-permission-Nationwide-315306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile

Resolved

AUTHOR: Feeling robbed - (U.S.A.)

The issue has been resolved.