Complaint Review: T-Mobile

T-Mobile
Nationwide USA

T-Mobile T-Mobile Nationwide

*General Comment: WHY...

I switched to T-mobile from sprint since they advertized that they would pay ETFs. One of the conditions they have for paying the ETF is I have to trade in my old device. I got an initial trade in offer of $210 for an iphone 5s I thought it was an okay deal so I did everything they asked on the instruction and sent my phone. After they received the device they told me the device doesn't qualify for trade in and gave me $0 credit for my phone. I asked what the reason why my phone didn't qualify for trade in and they wouldn't give me an answer; I  asked for my old phone back but they said they won't be able to do that either. If this isn't a rip-off, what is?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2014 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/nationwide/T-Mobile-T-Mobile-Nationwide-1159457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Mobile

#1 General Comment

WHY...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

I can tell you WHY. Either YOU did not remove the "Find my Iphone" app or you security locked the device so they cant even get into it. OR the person who processed YOUR trade in misrepresented the condition of the device. Lastly, it COULD have been broken in shipment. Its NOT a ripoff IF the condition was faked. It is NOT a ripoff if its locked up. Sorry you got nothing for your phone but these are the only reasons I have ever found that they deny an amount initially offered. These are all instances that are controllable by you with the exception of being damaged during shipping. If your phone was passcoded or pin locked and it wasn't removed then its basically a "brick" or if you prefer a "paperweight".