Complaint Review: T Mobile

• Reported By: Bill — Orlando Florida
T Mobile
Conway Rd orlando, Florida USA

T Mobile Bait & switch sale orlando Florida

*Author of original report: Unlock phone

*Consumer Comment: About unlocking your phone

I bought a T Mobile LG Optimus L9 phone and service at the end of July 2013. I was told it was a prepaid plan and would be cancelled if I did not prepay the next month. This worked for me as I was moving out of the country and would not need the service. I moved from US Nov 19 and had a billing date of Nov. 23. I assumed service would stop Nov. 23. WRONG.!! I got bills after that. I have now talked with 10 different T-Mobile employees trying to resolve this. I paid for all calls with T-Mobile customer service at international call rates. The last call, today, was 47 minutes and I was transferred 3 times. Additionally I requested the unlock code on my phone to be able to use it out of the US. The short version is they say I do not have a prepaid plan, they have continued to bill me after I requested termination of service and they refuse to give me the unlock code. The bait & switch on type of service, refusal to discontinue service & continued billing and then refusing to give me the unlock code is just wrong. All 10 of their customer service staff are very courteous but do not follow up as they say they will. Two CS agents promised to call me back on the T Mobile phone to resolve the issues. I did not get a call from either one and a supervisor said they got an error message on their own line. I asked why they did not send an email then and was told they cannot email from CS. This takes customer service to a new low.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Mobile/orlando-Florida-32812/T-Mobile-Bait-amp-switch-sale-orlando-Florida-1106573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T Mobile

Unlock phone

AUTHOR: Bill - ()

I paid full price for the phone & should be able to unlock it. Short version is salesman lied when he told me I was in a prepaid plan.

About unlocking your phone

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

What does your bill said about the plan? You should be able to see what it is. If not, you may have a case against T-mobile; otherwise, you cannot do anything much.

Speaking of unlocking your phone, I doubt you can do that. If you look at their unlocking phone policies, you would see that you may not be eligible to do so unless you paid for the phone in full (as you claimed it is a prepaid plan). If you got any discount from buying your phone (i.e. paid $200 instead of $600 for an iPhone) with the 'prepaid' plan, I highly doubt that the plan you purchased is really a prepaid.

As a result, you were either lied or lured into the 'salesman' trap. Next time, do not believe in anything that a salesman told you (in any kind of buying business with a salesman) but rather read the contract you are signing regardless what the salesman is trying to tell you that there is nothing more than what the person has told you.

glasses