Complaint Review: T - Moble

• Reported By:The Dalles Oregon
T - Moble
Bellevue, Washington U.S.A.

T - Moble ripoff for roaming charges in Europe Bellevue Washington

Last May I asked T-Mobile about using my blue tooth cell phone to access the internet in Italy while on vacation. I was told that it cost .015 cents per megabite at the time which didn't sould too bad. While in Italy for 3 weeks the conection only worked about 25% of the time and I was being dropped more than I was on. So imagine the shock of getting an $800+ roaming charge bill when I got home! That's when I found out that the roaming charge was .015 dollars per megabite. I also had asked to have their Hot Spot Wifi service added to my account while I was there for another $19.95 per month and was told I could cancel it when I got back. It never worked once while I was there and when I got back they said it could not be cancelled or changed.

To add to this, I had over $8000 in medical bills in July and had to take a 15% paycut to keep my job. I told them I I did not agree with the charges but I would make $100/month payments to clear up the bill. This arrangement so far has not been approved by T-Mobile and they want all of it now. I refused to talk to them because I don't trust any company who will only discuss a billing or late payment by phone - a conversation that they record and then tell you what you said but will never give you a copy of the voice recording. So, with my handy phone tape recorder in hand I called them last week and before we discussed anything about my bill, I asked if I could record our conversation for my record. Well you can guess the answer to that! It put the operator on tilt! No way she said so we ended the conversation with me telling her that I would only communicate with T-Mobile in writting. I send a note to their customer service email and got a lame responce with a threat to charge me early termination fees. Have not heard from them this week. I'm sure this will not have a happy ending. Seem like T-Mobile must have some left over ATT management in the customer service department!

Craig
The Dalles, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2006 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Moble/Bellevue-Washington/T-Moble-ripoff-for-roaming-charges-in-Europe-Bellevue-Washington-215091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T - Moble