Complaint Review: T-Moble

• Submitted: Thu, August 16, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By: cjohnson317 — Bristow Virginia United States of America
T-Moble

T-Moble Read the fine print if you can find it, otherwise you'll pay for things you wouldn't expect , Internet

I signed up for the T-Mobile Classic Talk service plan with the mandatory $10 data package. I purchased my phone through an online special on Aug 4th, 2012. The package included 500 minutes a month, 200M of data transfer, and 20 cents per text message. The total cost at that point was $49.99 a month.

On August 10th, I received an email stating my phone was shipped. That very same day, I received another email stating that my service started; 4 days before receipt of my phone which arrived on August 14th. I thought nothing of it and considered it being nothing other than my account being created.

On August 15th, the day after I received my phone, I an email that my bill was ready and viewable via online. I created the account on the website as I was directed which required the transmission of SMS texting to provide the the temporary password and to confirm that the account login was created successfully.

I immediately saw that I was charged for four 4 days of use while the phone was in shipment. I was charged for the two text messages sent by the website to set up access to my billing account, and the taxes were 18% more for total monthly bill estimated on the website.

I packaged it up and sent it back under the buyers remorse clause costing me $13.99 to ship it back and $5 in change to arbitrate that the real amount of time I have the phone in my service possession was a day and a half.

I know it sounds nit-picky but when does a cell phone company deserve to treat its customers like some of the predatory credit card companies with fine print and legal red tape?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2012 09:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-Moble/internet/T-Moble-Read-the-fine-print-if-you-can-find-it-otherwise-youll-pay-for-things-you-would-928125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-Moble