Complaint Review: T-mobile , Wireless Cell Phone

• Submitted: Wed, June 23, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, June 24, 2010

• Reported By: maduser — Porter Texas United States of America
T-mobile , Wireless Cell Phone

T-mobile , Wireless Cell Phone Sour Grapes Invalid Charges to Account in Addition to Early Termination Fee Internet

*Author of original report: T-Mobile has made adjustment

I called T-Mobile to find out my contract end date because I was considering a switch.  I had been given an Iphone as a gift.  The agent told me to just have the Iphone unlocked to be able to use with TMobile.  A month later I decided to termiante the service and pay the $200.00 early termination fee.  I have been waiting for my final bill.  I finally received something in the mail.  However, I never received any itemized bills for the month in which I terminated, etc.  All I received was a bill that showed the early termination fee, the previous month's amount (bill I did not recieve but was waiting for so I could pay) - plus, information on prorated amounts for the next month.  The problem, is that the pro-rated amount was for four days.  However, the 4 days were being charge at a total of $89.96 + taxes and fees for voice and data service.  This is actually a little more than I my contract for one month of service (certainly not 4 days)!

I called T-Mobile to try to get a copy of the last bill.  They refused to give it to me.  They said I had to go into a T-Mobile store to get it for myself.  I told them that if they wanted to get paid - it was their burden to get me a copy of the itemized bill.  They said all they had to do is make it availabel to me.  They didn't have to give me a copy.  Of course, I began to get angry since I know they never mailed a copy (I was looking for it each day in the mail so I could see the final bill).  I asked for a manager at this point - Emp ID0522350.  He told me there was nothing he could do about the copy.  I told him about over charging me for the 4 days.  He said he could probably do something about that.  Then instead of letting me speak with Customer Service - he came back on the phone and said that they were charging me this because I ported my number without giving them prior notice.  The FCC law states that you should contact the new service provider (instead of the old one) to get them to port the number.  It is not legal for the previous cell company to penalize me for not letting them know I was porting the number.  Besides - I did let them know I was probably going to do this.  If it were a charge for porting my number without proviing notice - they should call it that.  However, it is a charge for service for 4 days at a month's price instead of correct pro-rated amounts.

Again, I am ok with paying the early termiation fee.  But, I am not paying for services at outrageous (not agreed upon) rates.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2010 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-mobile-Wireless-Cell-Phone/internet/T-mobile-Wireless-Cell-Phone-Sour-Grapes-Invalid-Charges-to-Account-in-Addition-to-Ear-616477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-mobile , Wireless Cell Phone

T-Mobile has made adjustment

AUTHOR: maduser - (United States of America)

T-Mobile called me today to respond to the BBB complaint I made.  They have promised to mail the bills I didn't receive as well as adjust the overage on the prorated amount.

They concede that the contract says that I have to give them 30 days notice.  Otherwise they will charge for a full month of service.  I would like to actually see where it says that.  I certainly don't have a copy that shows anything to that effect.

In any event - they are making it right.  That is what matters.