Complaint Review: T-mobile

• Submitted: Tue, January 29, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: J. Jacks — gladstone Oregon United States of America
T-mobile

T-mobile T-mobile promised 200mb free 4G per month w/ purchase of HP computer. Internet

*Author of original report: UPDATE

Right before Xmas, I purchased an HP computer that also offered T-mobile free 4G service for two years with the purchase of the computer. That was the reason I bought the computer.

When I tried to activate the 4G service, Their website would come up and say I had to prepay to get 4G. I called Tmobile for help in activating the service and they said they didn't know what I was talking about and was transferred several times to people I could not understand.

Then I called HP and they said yes there IS a promotion for free 4g service for two years, but I'd have to take it up with Tmobile to activate it. They were just a partner and it was up to Tmobile to activate it.

Went to the local Tmobile store and found someone that had heard of the promotion, but doesn't know how to activate it' They said go back to where you purchased to Computer, so we did, They said They just sell the computers and they have nothing to do with Tmobile promotions,

Back again to the tmobile store where some of the employees have heard of the promotion, but again, don't know how to activate it. It's been 4 weeks now, and still no service.

The Tmobile SIM card was already in the computer when I bought it. All they have to do is activate it, but no one seems to know how. I would love to talk to an attorney about this as I don't get how Tmobile can promote this all over the computer box, with SIM card already installed and still do nothing to honor this promotion. More than willing to take legal action now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/T-mobile/internet/T-mobile-T-mobile-promised-200mb-free-4G-per-month-w-purchase-of-HP-computer-Internet-1005828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T-mobile

UPDATE

AUTHOR: J. Jacks - (USA)

After 3 months of back and forth calls and visiting the T-Mobile store, we finally found somone that knew about this promotion and was able to resolve the problem. A very nice manager of a local T-Mobile store helped us and went above and beyond to make this work.

They are now giving us our 2yr free 200mb of service, starting from the date this was resolved. Hopefully we won't have anymore problems with this service. This manager stated that one of the supervisors had sad "just tell them their is nothing we can do" but this manager made it happen anyway.

They legally CANNOT offer a service and then not honor that service. Just glad I didn't have to go the legal route on this. I just wanted what was promised to me. If anything changes again, I will update.