Complaint Review: T.A.G. Kent WA

• Updated: Sat, January 01, 2011

• Reported By: John — Lakewood Washington United States of America
T.A.G. Kent WA
19821 87th Ave S Kent, WA 98031. Kent, Washington United States of America

T.A.G. Kent WA J.J. Jankowski This people advertised to get independent contractors, They seem genuine, until, I found out the pay. Which was less then even half of a fair pay, for similar services. Kent, Washington

*Author of original report: T.A.G Advertised for P/T

This Company advertised to find independet delivery contractors. I responded to their craigslist add, and made an appointment to speak to jj jakowski. He seem sincere, and wanted what seem like excessive requirements to provide services 2 them. I had to go and upgrade my comercial insurance from 60K to 300K, which will cost me $300 a month. I was desperate for a job, being laid off, and broke. I assumed it was a good idea to work for them, and on the 4th visit, I finally was set to work after I met all their requirements. I was given 5 deliveries to do with my truck. Nothing was mentioned as to the pay. I assumed it will be fair pay, being a the Seattle area where traffic is very heavy, and I will be burning a lot of gasoline. When I asked how much I was getting paid they said "they didn't know" it will be in the range of about $40. This a was ridiculous rate. I decided to give it a try, but at the end of the day, after I made calculations, I spent about $50, in gasoline, spent 7 hours driving, and with the cost of insurance add another 15, in expenses. My total of $102 - $65 = $37. They didn't tell me I was getting $16 per delivery. This was an outrageous rate! I have to assume this people are really making a lot more than the 4% they claim to get. Something is not making any sense here. I quit, not able to afford working for them. My first paycheck will probalby be $10, since they also have to sell me in insurance that cost over $100, which is deducted on the first paycheck. If This people are ripping people off, they need to be shut down!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2010 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TAG-Kent-WA/Kent-Washington-/TAG-Kent-WA-JJ-Jankowski-This-people-advertised-to-get-independent-contractors-They-673054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T.A.G. Kent WA

T.A.G Advertised for P/T

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

This Company advertised to find independet delivery contractors. I responded to their craigslist add, and made an appointment to speak to jj. He seem sincere, and wanted what seem like excessive requirements to provide services 2 them. I had to go and upgrade my comercial insurance from 60K to 300K, which will cost me $300 a month. I was desperate for a job, being laid off, and broke. I assumed it was a good idea to work for them, and on the 4th visit, I finally was set to work after I met all their requirements. I was given 5 deliveries to do with my truck. Nothing was mentioned as to the pay. I assumed it will be fair pay, being a the Seattle area where traffic is very heavy, and I will be burning a lot of gasoline. When I asked how much I was getting paid they said "they didn't know" it will be in the range of about $40. This a was ridiculous rate. I decided to give it a try, but at the end of the day, after I made calculations, I spent about $50, in gasoline, spent 7 hours driving, and with the cost of insurance add another 15, in expenses. My total of $102 - $65 = $37. They didn't tell me I was getting $16 per delivery. This was an outrageous rate! I have to assume this people are really making a lot more than the 4% they claim to get. Something is not making any sense here. I quit, not able to afford working for them. My first paycheck will probalby be $10, since they also have to sell me in insurance that cost over $100, which is deducted on the first paycheck. If This people are ripping people off, they need to be shut down!!