Complaint Review: TALK.COM

• Submitted: Thu, February 07, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, February 15, 2002

• Reported By:LANGHORNE PA
TALK.COM
2704 ALTERNATE 19 PALM HARBOR, FLORIDA U.S.A.

RIPOFF - TALK AMERICA TALK.COM A UNRELIABLE PHONE COMPANY"THEIR MOTTO SHOULD BE TILL DEATH DO US PART"

*Consumer Comment: How to Get to talk.com

FOR THE PAST FOUR MONTHS I HAVE CONTACTED TALK AMERICA TO CANCEL MY SERVICE WITH THEM,HAVE I BEEN SUCCESFULL,ABSOLUTLEY NOT

I HAVE BEEN STUCK PAYING $76 A MONTH FOR $22.00 WORTH OF CALLS

THEY WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE MY PLAN AND EXPLAINED TO ME THAT I AM ENTITLED TO PAY.

SO IN RETURN I CALLED THEM YESTERDAY AND CANCELLED MY SERVICE AGAIN AND TOLD THEM I WAS MOVING

WELL IT'S NOW 11 P.M. THE NEXT DAY AND I STILL HAVE SERVICE.

TALK AMERICA IS NOT ONLY A BADLY RUN COMPANY BUT ALSO SOLICITED ME WITH THEIR PHONE CALL WITH A PLAN THAT DOES NOT EVEN EXIST AND I AM NOW PAYING FOR SOMETHING I DO NOT WANT.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY FOR THEY WILL BE IN YOUR LIFE UNTILL U DIE...

Jeffrey
LANGHORNE, PA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TALKCOM/PALM-HARBOR-FLORIDA-34683/RIPOFF-TALK-AMERICA-TALKCOM-A-UNRELIABLE-PHONE-COMPANYTHEIR-MOTTO-SHOULD-BE-TILL-DEATH-13576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TALK.COM

How to Get to talk.com

AUTHOR: Rachel - ()

I was lured in by this company about a year or so ago. They called me promosing to save me 30 percent or more or what i was paying my present phone company at that time. I was convinced to save this amount was worth changing companies. Well i did change and to my amazement my first bill came in and i was charged more than double that i normally paid my local phone company ---i was shocked--so i called talk.com and they give you the biggest run around --they keep putting you off and transferring you here and there. I told them I was going back with my other company, and so i contacted my old ompany to get serice back with them --i then had trouble getting talk.com to release the service back to my local company. Mu local phoen company advised me to contact the Federal agency in my state to handle the problem. I did so. You can look in your local phone book to get the name of the federal agency that resides over the phone business in your state--keep copies of all letters you have from talk.com --and any you may have sent them--in the end talk.com credited all my money back to me --when the federal agency got ahold of them for theyr illegal practices --they even credit all money back to me and ended up keeping none of my money for the time they carried my service. My advice to anyone who has someone call them promising to save them on their local phoen coverage is to immediate end the call --now when i call people calling me and telling me they can save me this amount and that amount on my phone service --i now tell them i wold not change my company from my local phone company even if they paid me to--not after the problems i endured from my previous experience. I hope this helps other people avoid the phone trouble i had.

bones