Complaint Review: TARGET STORES

• Updated: Wed, July 15, 2009

• Reported By:Pacific Missouri
TARGET STORES
www.target.com Nationwide U.S.A.

TARGET STORES NEGLIGENT LATE BILLING OF AN ACCOUNT THAT HAD BEEN PAID ACCORDING TO TERMS LOCAL-NATIONWIDE Nationwide

*Consumer Suggestion: Did you contact them?

My last Target Charge card payment was not due until 7/1/2009. On 6/30/2009 I went into the system to make my payment, as I have always done. (up until last month, I had a $0 balance and I've always paid my card).

I only have a balance right now of less than $75

According to the system, payments made today when you click post today, will post today. Which is what I did and always do.

I print a PDF copy of my confirmations, as always. And went about my business.

I just took a look online to see my new payment and it is larger than it should be. So I go take a look. They charged me a $15 late payment fee and stated that they did not receive my payment until July 3, 2009 (3 days after I posted my payment to them). Even if I had paid it on July 1, 2009, according to the system and my confirmation, it would have processed on July 1, 2009, before 5:00 p.m. in the afternoon...which makes it paid on the due date. But I had paid it the day before.

So they charged me a late payment fee of $15 for an account that I have paid up to date and made my payments accordingly.

I have kept my receipts.

WELL, needless to say, if this is how they are going to treat me, after I have been shopping with them and using their VERY EXPENSIVE card services for over three years now, it is time for me to move on.

I suggest people take a GOOD STRONG LOOK at what Target is charging their customers in interest and how they sneak in and catch you when you are doing your part so they can make even more on their part.

I will be taking my business to KMart and WalMart now...which is sad...I LOVE Target...but not if this is how they are going to treat a good credit customer. I can LOVE THEM NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want to make it right? Target, eat your flippin' $15 and be honorable about it. I paid my bill on time according to your system, and the same way I have paid it on time for over 3 years WHEN I HAD a balance.

T
Pacific, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2009 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TARGET-STORES/nationwide/TARGET-STORES-NEGLIGENT-LATE-BILLING-OF-AN-ACCOUNT-THAT-HAD-BEEN-PAID-ACCORDING-TO-TERMS-L-469692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TARGET STORES

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Did you contact them?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You say you got hit with a late fee. Did you even bother calling customer service about it? If you have reciepts proving you payed on time, then they should remove it.

Maybe you should try that before just getting mad and blowing them off, it could just be a simple error on their computer's part.