Complaint Review: TCA Fulfillment Services

• Submitted: Mon, December 15, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, December 15, 2003

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
TCA Fulfillment Services
145 Huguenot Street, Suite 105 New Rochelle, New York U.S.A.

TCA Fulfillment Services and OfficeMax Ripoff! It's a Scam to get your email address "online" so they can sell to manufacturers. New Rochelle New York

TCA's Rebate website requires you to "Register" before you can use functions to search for rebates "in processing". However, it'=s Registration webpage has no link to a Privacy Policy to check on the implications. Only later did I read that they share your email address with other companies. AND you have to phone them (long wait) to Opt-Out. I also hold OfficMax responsible because it condones TCA's practices by using TCA's rebate services.

Moreover, TCA REFUSES to remove your registrations details from its online database. And this registration information that TCA required and acquired was fairly detailed.

I called a representaive [LaToya] today - 12/15/2003 - to have my details removed because their website search function doesn't work properly anyway. She was adamant that there was no way that I could get my information removed once I have registered. Asking for a supervisor was pointless because she says she works without supervision.

I originally called to query why I was not able to call-up the status on five rebates. (These are rebates for which I have already received "confirmation" emails from TCA via its website address.) LaToya proceeded to tell me that I couldn't pull-up the rebates because my LOGIN ID wasn't valid - the Login for which I so diligently "registered" all my personnal information. LaToya proceeded to give me alternative 8 digit Login ID numbers for each rebate claim item SHE could see in her system. A fat lot of good that does for me in the future! Seems more of a pretext to get my Personal Information to on-sell at some future date. Please note that TCA has no accreditation with eTrust or similar Privacy sites.

So I then told LaToya I no longer wanted to be registered, and asked how I could get my registration information removed from TCA's online database. She simply said no-ways. (You see, even though one provides this information on rebate claim forms, these Rebate Processing companies cannot sell that information. However, when you enter it on their websites, you implicitly accept their agreement and terms. This then allows TCA to do whatever is stated in its pathetic Privacy Policy.)

I will now contact OfficeMax and try to prevail on its "moral" responsibility to pressure TCA to remove my details as requested. I trust that all persons who register rebate complaints at this RipoffReport website give prominence to the RETAILER using the rebate processor in question.

Andrew
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2003 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCA-Fulfillment-Services/New-Rochelle-New-York-10801/TCA-Fulfillment-Services-and-OfficeMax-Ripoff-Its-a-Scam-to-get-your-email-address-onli-75012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCA Fulfillment Services