Complaint Review: TCA

• Submitted: Tue, August 05, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, August 05, 2003

• Reported By:Columbia New Jersey
TCA
145 Huguenot Street, Suite 105 New Rochelle, New York U.S.A.

TCA Fullfilment Services Wheresmyrebate.com consumer fraud ripoff scam New Rochelle New York

I submitted all the required documentation for a Viking Memory rebate in the time required. I checked their site only to find my rebate was denied because my UPC symbol was not included. Bullshit, I know I included it.

I called them, and they told me to send the "information" and they'd be glad to process my rebate. Information? I don't have the UPC symbol -- if I had copied it would you accept that? No.

Clearly, if they don't want to process your rebate -- perhaps because they lose money if the process too many -- they use the UPC symbol as the reason. It's the one thing they won't accept a copy of, so if you don't have it you are SOL.

What's the reason for the UPC symbol? Nothing other than to be used to either disqualify people who didn't include it or to use an excuse to disqualify those who did. It is not a proof of purchase, the receipt serves that purpose.

It's a scam, plain and simple. I've written to the NY state consumer complaint board, let's see if that helps.

Robert
Columbia, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2003 07:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCA/New-Rochelle-New-York-10801/TCA-Fullfilment-Services-Wheresmyrebatecom-consumer-fraud-ripoff-scam-New-Rochelle-New-Yo-65313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCA