Complaint Review: TCF BANK

• Submitted: Sat, November 15, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 20, 2009

• Reported By:Eastpointe Michigan
TCF BANK
17011 Nine Mile Eastpointe, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 586-772-2301
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

TCF BANK $399.00 withdrawn from checking account Jan & March 2008 not authorized by my mother. I am joint owner on this this checking account Eastpointe Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Online Banking is Important

My mother, Mary, had funds withdrawn from her account at TCF bank without her prior knowledge or authorization!. $399.00 withdrawn from checking account 1/31 amd 3/31/2008. She contacted bank when she received her monthly statment due to the error. I have several letters and notes concerning her visit, my visit.,and my brother's visit to resolve this major rip-off! The branch manger, Mary Felczak, took the side of the company that withdrew the funds and would not take responsibility for her carlessness of matter brought to her attention back in Feb of 2008. Both times the amount of $399.00 was disputed but the same procedure was not followed. The end result was the same - a credit or a check for the amount of $798.00 was not processed. What a nightmare for my 85 year old mom!
Talk about high bank costs!! Did someone from the bank give out account information? My mom does not have computer or have credit card so how did this happen???
I have copies of all letters and cetified receipts with the latest day of June.
My mom just retired from 2 jobs in the last year or so and is on a fixed income. TCF owes her $798.00 along with (aggravation interest rate) from Jan 31 to date of check.

Sincerely,

Concerned Daughter

Ellen
Eastpointe, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2008 07:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-BANK/Eastpointe-Michigan-48021/TCF-BANK-39900-withdrawn-from-checking-account-Jan-March-2008-not-authorized-by-my-mot-391667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF BANK

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Online Banking is Important

AUTHOR: Diva23 - (U.S.A.)

Make sure that you or your mom checks her account every single day online so that you can catch the mistakes immediately. It is much easier for the bank to sort everything out if you do this. I check mine every day; I caught the fraudulent charge on my account and got ALL my money back within the month because I noticed it happened within 24 hours of the fraudulent purchases. I know you are trying to help your mom but you may not know everything about her account if you haven't been watching it closely yourself. Money can be a very confusing thing.