Complaint Review: TCF Bank - TCF National Bank

• Updated: Fri, July 16, 2010

• Reported By: SUE — MILWAUKEE Wisconsin United States of America
TCF Bank - TCF National Bank
1441 Miller Park Way MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin United States of America

TCF Bank - TCF National Bank EXCESSIVE OVERDRAFT FEES AND UNAUTHORIZED WITHDRAWLS MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin

*Author of original report: REPLY TO QUESTION

*Consumer Comment: One Question..

TCF bank took an unauthorized withdrawl of $654.07 out of my account in May, 2010.

I was unaware of this until 2 days later when I made a gas station purchase for $8.00 and that overdrew my account by $2.30, for which they charged me a $35.00 fee.  The account has not been right ever since and they refuse to straighten it out even though it was their fault.  I was told they are allowed to charge 5 fees per day to my account, which is $175.00 per day.  They refuse to admit fault, or reconsile my account.  They also take withdrawls before making deposits, even cash deposits.

TCF bank is a giant fee rip off!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2010 07:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank-TCF-National-Bank/MILWAUKEE-Wisconsin-53214/TCF-Bank-TCF-National-Bank-EXCESSIVE-OVERDRAFT-FEES-AND-UNAUTHORIZED-WITHDRAWLS-MILWAU-623392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank - TCF National Bank

REPLY TO QUESTION

AUTHOR: SJJ - (United States of America)

I have my mortgage with TCF bank.

I call monthly to have the payment taken on or about the 25th.

They went ahead without a call from me or my permission and took the cash from my account.

One Question..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

What do you mean by

TCF bank took an unauthorized withdraw of $654.07 out of my account

- Did you owe money in another TCF account where they transfered it from one to another?  Or is it a case of a company you are in a dispute with and they just went ahead and withdrew the money?