locked

• Submitted: Tue, February 17, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 17, 2009

• Reported By:ann arbor Michigan
TCF Bank
401 E. Liberty St. Ann Arbor, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-TCF-BANK
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

TCF Bank owed me money than debit adjusted it away-Rip Off!! Ann Arbor Michigan

I over drew my account and was glad to pay every $35.00 dollar fee for overdrafts incured by me. However I did have a monthly direct deposit that more than covered it. Because of my history with this bank I decided to let the account be closed. I recieved an account summary that stated after all fees were paid, I had a balance of $70.00. I called customer service the same day and asked how I would receive my balance. They told me to go to my local branch. I did that the very same day and the teller told me that it was not there.Here is my print out-
2-16-09
PROC-INIT-TC----Description-----------Amount-------New Balance-
02-04 1942 Coll Proc Fee Write Off 35.oo 118.57-
02-06 1310 Account Closed By TCF 13.57 105.00-
2-6/2-5 2330 Credit 70.00 70.00
02-09 1700 Debit Adj Ref #xx 70.00 0.00
Does a Debt Adj mean we took it cause we could? Ha Ha. Is it an employee, or the bank taking extra after they ended the contract. Who is Ref#xx. That sounds like, if you can't actually sign your name X marks the spot! How many other people have contributed to X's finances? If I change my name to Ref xx, can I axcess that account!

Whitebull
ann arbor, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2009 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/Ann-Arbor-Michigan-48104/TCF-Bank-owed-me-money-than-debit-adjusted-it-away-Rip-Off-Ann-Arbor-Michigan-424950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank