Complaint Review: TCF Bank

• Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: Gypsygram — Northfield Minnesota United States of America
TCF Bank
Apple Valley, Minnesota United States of America

TCF Bank Overdraft fees charged to a saving account opened in 2002 Apple Valley, Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: great help kenny

*Consumer Comment: A question.....

On January 3, 2013, I found out that TCF Bank took $259 in overdraft/NSF fees from my savings account opened in 2002.  I use the account to have my disability check direct deposited.  The branch manager said he could not refund any of the fees as they were assessed against my account in December (a PayPal transaction) and TCF policy states that after 14 days no fees can be adjusted or refunded.  I told them I wasn't aware of any issue until I got to the bank.  I called the bank's Customer Service line and was told that when I opened the account  back in 2002 I agreed to the fees ... that is simply not true!  I asked who I had to talk to about having the fees returned as my only source of income is my social security disability and they can't just take 25% of my income for "fees" I never agreed to when I opened the account.  Apparently, I have no recourse with the bank directly - they flat out refuse to entertain any discussion about the fees.  I'm sick with pheumonia and no way to get my medicine cause I have no money.  I have an electric bill due and no funds to pay it.  There isn't any food here but TCF feels they need my money more than I do ... what can I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/Apple-Valley-Minnesota-/TCF-Bank-Overdraft-fees-charged-to-a-saving-account-opened-in-2002-Apple-Valley-Minnesot-992955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank

great help kenny

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

what kind of help is this?????why insult people??? only way to get your kicks???? no I don't work for

stacie

A question.....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Who caused the overdraft/NSF fees?

If it was YOU, You're the reason you can't get your medicine, pay your electric bill and buy food.

IF they REALLY did rip you off and violated banking laws, report them to your states banking commissioner.

citys