Complaint Review: TCF Bank

• Submitted: Thu, October 30, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, August 14, 2007

• Reported By:Aurora Illinois
TCF Bank
www.tcfbank.com Aurora, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 847-678-6900
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

TCF Bank crooks ripoff Aurora Illinois

*Consumer Comment: TCF is Hard to Deal With

*Consumer Suggestion: Most banks have cutoff times and they actually have reasons for having them

I USE to have a TCF acct, I have since this problem closed the acct, but I had a TCF acct for probably a little over 2 years and not once did I ever go into the negative or have any problems at all. I then opened another bank acct with another bank because it was closed to where my home and work.

I would still keep like 50 or 100 dollars in my TCF acct just in case I was somewhere where my bank wasn't and hopefully there would be a Jewel near by. Anyway, my mom owed me some money and she lived right down the street from TCF so she said she would just deposit it there in my acct, so she deposited the 600.00 she owed me, and then I went online to a billpay service I have and started to transfer the money out, I had to do it in 50.00 transactions though.

I planned on leaving 50.00 in the acct, but what happened is one of the transactions took place twice, and I was not aware of that happening, I then went and used my checkcard for a transaction for like 5 bucks, and then again for about 15.00, the next day I then realized what happened, I went to TCF right away and made another deposit in cash to cover that money along with the NSF fee that was charged, then the next day the other transaction came through and they posted the transaction before they posted my deposit.

Then the next day I had more NSF fees. I told them I would pay what I charged and I paid one of the NSF fees, and they wouldn't waive any of the fees, so I just left the acct negative and I'm now trying to clear things up because the only reason the acct is negative is because of the NSF fees, I paid what I owed and then some. I explained to them what had happen with the transfer posting twice, I must have click the submit button twice or somehow refresh the page to make the transaction go through twice.

They didn't care they just stood there and looked at me like ahhhh what should I do, and everytime I go in the bank branch all the tellers are like 16 years old, one time the teller supervisor was 17 years old! They had no idea what to do with my problem! So here I am been a perfect customer for 2+ years and can't even get a problem resolved, this is why I will never bank with TCF ever again and will make sure anyone that I know never banks with them either, THEY SUCK!!

Kristal
Aurora, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2003 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/Aurora-Illinois-60504/TCF-Bank-crooks-ripoff-Aurora-Illinois-70596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank

TCF is Hard to Deal With

AUTHOR: Donna - (U.S.A.)

The tellers at TCF Bank on 10 Mile Rd in Warren, MI are difficult to deal with, they do not know what to do and are rude. I have delt with them for many years because of the convenient banking hours.

When I have a problem, I call customer service and they handle it or tell me what to do. An example is when customer service told me go into the branch and told me that I could transfer $500 from a CD to my checking. The bank tellers told me I could not and I would have to close out my entire CD.

I explained to them what their customer service said to do and after 3 times of telling them I could transfer money they finally called customer serviced and found out that I could transfer $500 out of a large CD. The tellers usually do not know what to do if you have a transaction that is not a simple deposit or withdrawl. They are stubborn and do not like calling their main office for assistance.

When you have problems, call customer service, they take care of problems you have over the phone.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Most banks have cutoff times and they actually have reasons for having them

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Do you think maybe your deposit posted the following day because you did it after the cutoff time? Most banks have cutoff times and they actually have reasons for having them.

And usually you shouldn't ask a teller serious questions about banking, because that's not their job. You should talk to a branch manager. A teller supervisor is not a branch manager. They stood there and looked at you like they didn't know what to do because they didn't, their job is to push buttons, that's why they only make minimum wage, don't expect adults to take that kind of pay.

Who provides the bill pay service?? Isn't it their problem? It must not be TCF's bill pay because theirs does not limit your transactions to $50 each. If it is, I think that if you contact a bill pay representative by calling their customer service number or talking to a branch manager it shouldn't be a big deal to get resolved.

It sounds like you talked to one or two people and they couldn't give you an answer so you gave up there which wasn't very smart. Then you label the company a crook. I'm sure TCF doesn't need your $50 that bad. Be reasonable and let them direct you to the right person, don't expect a teller to be a full-service banker because they aren't paid enough to be that.

saline