Complaint Review: TCF Bank

• Updated: Wed, April 04, 2012

• Reported By: ritzzyyy123 — crystal lake Illinois United States of America
TCF Bank
Rt. 14 (Inside of Jewel) Crystal Lake, Illinois United States of America

TCF Bank 1800-TCF-Bank Disgusting customer service and customer abuse. Crystal Lake, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: I agree

*Consumer Comment: You're not ready for a checking account

When i first opened this account, I was told I get a 24/hr grace period for overdrafts. I got a notice that I was overdraft by $45.00. I knew I had this grace period so i went in the next day to take care of it, only to find $96 in overdraft fees. The manager was reluctant, but eventually gave me back the fees after explaining what was wrong. Next thing I know, two months later, I am charged $15.00 for using my card as a debit when I was told to only use as a debit!

Well, what BOBBY, the branch manager meant to say, was use it as a credit. They're mistake right? Nope. Apparently it was mine. I paid the $15.00 and left it alone. NOW, this month, I look at my account and I was charged $9.00 for an ATM transaction. BOBBY said that TCF Bank charged double or even triple atm fees!!! My total for all atm transactions was a whopping $50! I got furious because the lady that answered my call, (MONICA) called me unruly.

SO, i called corporate AGAIN. Did i get my $50.00 back? Nope. They have me a measly $9 back. Big wow. Now, just two weeks later, I go into my branch and take out all the money in my account, clearly saying to the woman, "MINUS PENDING TRANSACTIONS". She gave me my money and i went on my way. Now a day later, I get a notice that my account is -115$. WHAT?! I haven't used my card!

Take a look at my account, they charged me $74.00 in overdraft fees for a -41$ balance, because of a pending transaction. Didn't i tell the woman"MINUS PENDING TRANSACTIONS"? I guess they're deaf over there too. So, i call the branch AGAIN and speak to MONICA who again, was rude and said shed have Bobby call me. (Riiiiiiiight) So, i called corporate yet again, and i talked to three different people, all saying the last incident was MY FAULT! There is NO BANK ERROR! Did i get my money back? Nope.

I have had it. This has been an absolute nightmare with this company! DONT EVER BANK AT TCF!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2012 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/Crystal-Lake-Illinois-60014/TCF-Bank-1800-TCF-Bank-Disgusting-customer-service-and-customer-abuse-Crystal-Lake-Illi-863803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank

I agree

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

You are not mature enough to have a bank account.  Guess you did not keep a register to keep track of your deposits and debit charges.  I suggest you deal with CASH for awhile because it will help you to keep track of your monies.

You're not ready for a checking account

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"Take a look at my account, they charged me $74.00 in overdraft fees for a -41$ balance, because of a pending transaction."

It was an outstanding transaction. You are responsible for knowing which transactions have cleared and which transactions are outstanding. The error was 100% your fault.

You are not emotionally mature enough to maintain a checking account. Try again in a few years.