• Report: #219673

• Submitted: Wed, November 08, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 08, 2006

• Reported By:Prior Lake Minnesota
TCF Bank
801 Marquette Ave Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 612-8232265
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

TCF Bank I filed Reg E and they change dates so they won't pay Minneapolis Minnesota

October 18th I got to fishing around TCF Banks on line banking because I hadn't gotten a statement is some time. When I logged in I saw that the address they had for me was wrong...way wrong.
I went to my local TCF Bank Branch and asked them about it, they fixed it and told me it happended in mid-September and to check my account for fraudulant activity. BOY DID I FIND SOME!!!

I found that I have paid over $1000.00 in overdraft fees, which made me look even deaper. I found that there where numerous loan companies. (2 of which have complaints here) they where putting in money and taking it out plus a little more and always in different amounts. They started July 12th and had been coming out since then. They where still trying to take it out after I closed my account.

I filed a REG E and was told by my local branch that I didn't need to call the police and it was taken care of.
3 weeks later. (by law they only get 10 business days) They told me it was denied due to the fact it started moe than 60 days ago. Which I think is wrong because
A- Somehow they changed my address and TCF let them which is there fault and I didn't get any bank statement.

B-These are all different companies. Won't do the first 1? Well, then do the ones that did start in the last 60 days at least it's some many.

C- Bonnie from Reg E. did not seems educated enough to do her job. She basicallly just repeated that they where not required to give back any of the money or reverse the fees because it started more than 60 days ago. Well, then she should have seen that the where numerous companies and if she couldn't do just one, she would do the others.

D- They wouldn't reverse any fees at all!!! So basically they make money off from me from me getting my identity stolen. It's double Jeapordy!!! I got and eviction, have no heat or hot water, and 4 kids one who is only 7 weeks old and they get my $1,000 in fees?!?!

E- I also am sure that they alter address and destroy evidence to cover themselves. I know that the teller told me that address was changed in Sept. but they say Oct. now. Plus, a friend of mine worked there and quite because she saw stuff like this all the time. They said they would change deposit dates, and alter dates of new accounts to better themselves.

I did call WCCO tv and told a reporter all about it today, filed a police report, and contacted the FDIC, the federal reserve, and the office of the Comptroller of the currency, and the office of thrift Supervison. Hopefully something pans out.

I lost about $3,000 in this. I went to TCF Bank and asked for a loan sice my rent is late, my car payments haven't been made, and I do have 4 kids to support. I was denied. Ha! Go figure.

Jessica
Prior Lake, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2006 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55402/TCF-Bank-I-filed-Reg-E-and-they-change-dates-so-they-wont-pay-Minneapolis-Minnesota-219673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank