Complaint Review: TCF Bank

• Submitted: Fri, December 30, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, December 30, 2005

• Reported By:hammond Indiana
TCF Bank
. Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-823- 2265
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

TCF Bank ripoff on cd withdrawl penalty Minneapolis Minnesota

I had a cd with TCF bank that I wanted to withdraw and purchase a cd with a higher interesr rate and shorter term. Since my cd wasnt mature, I would have to pay a penalty.

I spoke to the manager on the 13th of December.
HE disappeared for 10 minutes, returned and told me the penalty would be $45,000. I left and returned the next day,he wasnt there but I spoke to a female employee about withdrawing my cd. She spoke to someone on the phone for 20 minutes and told me the correct figure for my proceeds after subtracting the penalty of $3000. After she done the paperwork however, I paid $5950 which is $2950 more than I should have paid. I have a copy of their Terms and Conditions for CD'S which say that all CD'S larger than $100,000 are classified as Jumbo CD'S. The penaltys section says that my penalty would be $3000

I returned the next day and there was a new man in the office, to whom I complained. He said he would call me, he never did.

I called agin the next day, got the first man who told me the penalty would be $45,000 who said he would call me , he never did.

Called the corporate office complaint line 2 or 3 times with nor results.Called the branch office Monday and Tuesday, they were in meeting and not available.

Got ahold of the $45,000 man on Wednesday, he said he would call, he never did.

I don't know if this is the result of outright theft , incompetance or both.

Someone else on rip off said TFC is the bank that dont give a d**m.

Doug
hammond, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2005 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55402/TCF-Bank-ripoff-on-cd-withdrawl-penalty-Minneapolis-Minnesota-169871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank