• Report: #422073

• Submitted: Mon, February 09, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, February 09, 2009

• Reported By:Pontiac Michigan
TCF Bank
70 W. Tienken Rd Rochester Hills, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

TCF Bank Employee & brank Ripoff, bank withdrew money from my account after a month due to mishandled transaction or theft by employee. Rochester Hills Michigan

Back last year I was with TCF Bank without direct deposit. I deposited my paycheck as I always do with the teller at the bank in Rochester. I never get cash back from my deposit.

On my next pay period, I deposited my paycheck as I always do. The teller then asked me did I get cash back on my last deposit. I stated no is there a problem. He stated no.

After a month or so I get a call from the bank stating that they withdrew $100 from my account. When I asked why she stated that the teller stated he gave me cash back on a deposit last month some time.

I informed her that I never get cash back on my deposit due to an overdraft I got one time because a hold was on my check. She stated that they have proof that the teller gave me 5 $20 bills. I asked her how she knew it was me. She stated that the transaction was timed and the survalence tape was timed.

She stated that I was wearing a green shirt and I put the money in my purse. I notified her that I never cary cash on me. I only use my debit card. Also that it was St Patricks day, alot of people were probably wearing green that day.

I told her that I honestly don't remember him giving me money. Why would he, I didn't ask for any money back. I would have been really confused if he gave me money. I asked her to show me the survalence tape or a deposit or withdrawal slip that I filled out requesting money back.

She stated that he never made me fill out a slip, that he just gave me the money. I asked how can he open his drawer and give me money without documentation of the transaction. How do I know that it ever occured.

She also stated that it was against their company policy to show me the tape. Then how do I know it was me. She stated she was sure. I wanted to be sure that this withdrawal was justified. If he gave me money and I just didn't remember, FINE! But to just take money out of my account and expect for me to just take their word for it with no evidence or documentation is crazy!

My friend who works for a different bank, stated that at their bank if the teller never made you sign the withdrawal slip then there is no record of the transaction and that they chalk it up as a teller error and bank loss.

I called the corporate office because I had a check that would boucne because now my account is short $100. The corporate rep stated that she doesn't know why they wouldn't show me the tape and that it is not against their policy especially in this case.

She tried to contact the branch manager for me but could not get in touch with anyone. I was told she would get back with me but she never did. And I was unable to get in touch with her after several calls and messages. The corporate office was terrible and was not help at all.

Rest assured my account was overdrawn because the checks posted before I got my next paycheck. I never deposited my next paycheck, I just deposited into a new account with another bank.

Now, I believe I am in check systems because of the amount owed to TCF. I refuse to pay them until they can prove to me that I actually owe the money.

This bank is shady! This is not the only bad experience that I have had with them. They bated me in with promises of a digital camcorder as a free gift and I never received that. But this is the worst.

If anyone knows if there is anything I can do or any action I can take to get out of check systems and repair my good name. Also to stop this shady bank from scamming other customers, Please let me know.

Pontiac, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2009 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/Rochester-Hills-Michigan-48306/TCF-Bank-Employee-brank-Ripoff-bank-withdrew-money-from-my-account-after-a-month-due-to-422073. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank