Complaint Review: TCF Bank

• Submitted: Mon, August 15, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 15, 2005

• Reported By:Wheaton Illinois
TCF Bank
30 Denada Square West Wheaton, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 847-678-6900
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

TCF Bank fraud, stolen account number. RIPOFF Wheaton Illinois

At the end of March 2004, I reviewed my bank statement from TCF Bank. I received copies of my checks printed on a statement so I could balance my check book. The date of March 2, 2004 I noticed a check which had my routing number, check number and account number. But not my name, address or signature. The check was written for $148.48 to Borders. It took months for me to get my money back from TCF Bank.

I had the proof someone stole money out of my account. The way they handled the situation was to close the account the money was stolen from and open a different one. TCF bank made it extremely diffiult, but eventually I received the money and the issue was closed. (I still have all the paper work and everything I signed and they signed. Coincidentally, the people who were envolved in helping me resolve this issue no longer work at that location.) However, they wanted to charge me fees for looking into the matter and I had to get paper work noterized and extra time filling out endless paper work.

After convincing them why I should not have to pay for their mistake or Borders mistake I did not pay any fes. I am reporting this to warn others check everything you do at TCF Bank, don't sign anything until you read everything. If you sign it, have them sign it. Get copies of everything you do.

Oh, by the way, If you ask them for a mailing address to write a complaint letter they won't give it to you. They don't have a 1-800 number for customers. I don't bank at TCF Bank anymore. If I had found this site when this first happened I would have reported them sooner.

Amy
Wheaton, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2005 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/Wheaton-Illinois-60187/TCF-Bank-fraud-stolen-account-number-RIPOFF-Wheaton-Illinois-153773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank