Complaint Review: TCF Bank

• Reported By: Leah J — Aurora Colorado United States of America
TCF Bank
aurora, Colorado United States of America

TCF Bank **DON'T EVER BANK AT TCF BANK!!** aurora, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: *****NATIONWIDE ALERT: Make sure to stay at this site and type in- BANK, and...

*Consumer Comment: Signature Guaranty

*General Comment: Glad you choose

***DON'T BANK AT TCF EVER!!!!!***

This is the absolute worst bank I have ever had in my life. I liked the idea that TCF was open when other banks were not, due to my work schedule. I soon found out that was the only good thing about them. Here are some of my issues:

1. I closed one of my checking accounts due to fradulant activity and opened a new one. The problem was they only closed my account to debit & then charged me fees because I obviously did not have any money in it. Even worse they expected me to pay the fees even though it was there mistake.

2. I need to get a signature guarantee stamp for a insurance policy of my deceased father. I was the beneficiary and when I called on the phone to see if they could do it they said yes. I went into the branch give her the statement, my id, and everything else she told me to bring and then they told me they can't do it because the statement does not say I'm the beneficiary! WTF first off it's really none of their business the purpose of the signature guarantee is verify that I am the person signing the document. I was sending it to a different company anyway that does have all my info! I went into Wells Fargo and they did it for me with no problems at all!

3. They tried to charge their customers $28/day in overdraft fees regardless if you spend any money during those days or not.

4. Their customer service is horrible!! They don't care about their customers at all! It doesn't matter what branch I go into someone always has an attitude for no reason.

5. I finally decided to close my accounts once and for all and they said I couldn't do it because something was pending. I put money in the account since their was automatic payment going through then they told me they sent it back and charged me a ton of fees. I called the customer service line and they said they couldn't do anything about that even though I spoke to the person at the bank when I made the deposit and they said my account will be fine to close once the payment goes through. Another lie!! I paid some of the fees so I could just get this account cancelled. Typcial overnight, scam bank.

6. Their online banking is horrible. It is hard to follow & it is cheap. My new bank makes it so much easier to see your deposits, withdrawls, balances etc.

DON'T EVER, EVER BANK AT TCF BANK THEY ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST! SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2012 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/aurora-Colorado-/TCF-Bank-DONT-EVER-BANK-AT-TCF-BANK-aurora-Colorado-870100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank

*****NATIONWIDE ALERT: Make sure to stay at this site and type in- BANK, and...

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

read the Ripoff Reports from people all over America for important information if you have a bank account or a mortgage in the USA.

Then type in 481508 at this site and read St. Clair's Ripoff Report for valuable information if you have a mortgage.

Signature Guaranty

AUTHOR: patti - (United States of America)

There is such a service as a signature guaranty.  It is different than a notary service:

#3 General Comment

Glad you choose

AUTHOR: Righteous1 - (USA)

Glad you choose to stop banking there. Now quit banking anywhere UNTIL you learn the regulations of banking. They are allowed to charge fees ( shocking eh??), They are allowed to charge for overdrafts (again shocking??/).

ANd its Called a NOTARY service for the document you needed "witness'd". Seriously get educated in financial banking and the Notary world.

I see nothing in your post that indicates this bank did anything outside the norm. I do see though a disgruntled ADULT who cannot follow a safe way to close an account that still has outstanding payments. You are a banks nightmare due to the lack of full comprehension of what you are accountable for. There is no such things as a checking debit account.....Its either a checking account or a savings account.

slave