Complaint Review: TCF Bank

• Updated: Fri, November 15, 2013

• Reported By: scott s — Highland Park Illinois
TCF Bank
1600 deerfield rd., deerfield, Illinois USA

TCF Bank I have a checking account with this bank. I checked my account online to verify I had funds to caver an online purchase. A deposit had been posted and verified that day and was sufficient, therefore i was confident of my purchase. After making the purchase, i found an NSF fee had been incurred and the deposit magically disappeared, no reversal, just disappeared. I called them and they refused to remove the charges, refused to acknowledge their misrepresentations and expect me to pay the 37 dollar fee for what they had done. This is not the first time they have misrepresented themselves to me. deerfield Illinois

*Consumer Comment: By the way, Scotty....

*General Comment: The previous "retard" rebuttal is likely dead on right...

*Author of original report: retard republican

*Consumer Comment: This one is on you and not the bank

I currently have a checking account with this bank. I checked my checking account balance and funds online before i attempted to make an online puchase.  I saw that I had the deposit i anticipated was postted in my account, then i made the purchase in confidence.  The next day i checked my account and the deposit magically disappeared, no reversal, just disapeared.... and now i have a NSF  fee . They told me the money was there the day before, then it wasnt the next day, and on the next day after that it reappeared. They refuse to remove the fee. I complained with their representative at length and they refuse to do anything about it. This is not the first time they have manipulated my posting to their advantage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2013 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCF-Bank/deerfield-Illinois/TCF-Bank-I-have-a-checking-account-with-this-bank-I-checked-my-account-online-to-verify-1099528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCF Bank

By the way, Scotty....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

It's not too wise to post your full name on here..especially if you still live at 573 Chicago Ave.  And to then call a rebuttal poster a "retard".

#2 General Comment

The previous "retard" rebuttal is likely dead on right...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

My guess would be you don't keep an up to date WRITTEN check register.  The online site you checked can't know about

transactions that haven't posted yet and likely won't show any holds on a deposit,

"This is not the first time they have manipulated my posting to their advantage."

IF you maintained an accurate WRITTEN check register and only used your online account to verify the funds were currently AVAILABLE would you be able to avoid this recurring, for you anyway, situation.  A fool and his money are soon parted.

BTW, whatever happened to "the deposit magically disappeared, no reversal, just disapeared." If it disappeared and didn't reappear, they stole it...in that case report them to your states banking commissioner.

Any chance you can HONESTLY answer this.  BTW, I'M NOT the retard here...check your mirror for the guilty party.  :)

retard republican

AUTHOR: scott spradlin - ()

you have no clue what you're talking about, retard

This one is on you and not the bank

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

From your very own post you said that you had just made a deposit and it was "verified". Verified doesn't mean that the deposit has posted to your account yet. Most banks require the funds to be in the account until the next business day before the funds can be used to allow time for posting.

The fact that you had to check your account to see if you had enough funds to 'cover' the purchase is an indicator that you habitually run low in your account. The bank did not manipulate your account. You spent the deposit before the funds posted to your account!

I don't work for any bank, but I sure don't spend my money until it is actually posted to my account. One more thing, if you had kept a check register you wouldn't rely on funds that aren't yet properly posted.