Complaint Review: TCT

• Submitted: Wed, July 11, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, July 11, 2007

• Reported By:Los Angeles California
TCT
841 Broadway New York, New York U.S.A.

TCT - Wilhelmina Model Scouts High pressure fraud Ripoff New York New York

Approximately 4 years ago I was approached on 68th and 3rd in New York City, by a woman who asked me my dress size, and then told me that I should really consider modeling. I told her I wasn't interested, but took her card. A few days later I was approached by another woman on 32nd and Broadway who gave me a similar line. Unfortunately, this time I bit and agreed to visit the "agency".

I arrived at the agency, there was a large group, and we were separated into "models" and "actors". There was a promotional video, and then we were weighed, and measured, and had a photo taken. I was "selected" for a further meeting with a Talent manager due to my so-called potential. It was a high pressure sales job, which in retrospect, I am ashamed to say I fell for. I initially refued to part with my money ($995) and was told that if I didn't then they would be unable to include me in their online portfolio. I should have walked away, but like an idiot I handed over the credit card. Within 2 hours of getting home, my cold feet got colder, and I called to cancel. I was told that I could not.

After finding a book on Amazon regarding the magnitude of this scam I finally decided to report it. Please don't fall for this crap.

Catherine
Los Angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2007 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TCT/New-York-New-York-10003/TCT-Wilhelmina-Model-Scouts-High-pressure-fraud-Ripoff-New-York-New-York-260286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TCT