Complaint Review: TD Bank, N.A.

• Submitted: Wed, June 23, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, July 16, 2010

• Reported By: Angie K. — Maple Shade New Jersey United States of America
TD Bank, N.A.
TD Bank, N.A. Two Portland Square P.O. Box 9540 Po Cherry Hill, New Jersey United States of America

TD Bank, N.A. Went back on the form that I signed... Cherry Hill , New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Issues With TD

*Consumer Comment: Customer "service" indeed..

I am not a complainer but this just really upset me.  I was charged 3 over draft fees from T.D. Bank a few months ago and they didn't take them off and this was the explanation they gave me.  My direct deposit was put in at 12am the same day as I did 3 debit withdraws but I did those withdraws later that day.  I was told that they took out the withdraws first because that was the order in which they did things even though my direct deposit check should of cleared first as it always had for the past 3 years now.  They charged me $150 in fees and I was told they will not take them off because that was my mistake.  I fought with them over and over and realized that I should just suck it up and pay the fees.  After that happened they told me that I should sign a form saying that if my account ever went negative again that they would not let the money go through so I would not have any other over draft fees so I did that feeling assured that I did not have to now go and look for another bank.

I don't know why I am so surprised that they lied to me, AGAIN, but I am furious.  I recently had to get surgery done and yes, I admit I didn't keep total track of things since I haven't been feeling so well but I was assured by them that by signing that paper I was protected and they wouldn't let anything come out of my account if it went negative so I wouldn't be given any fees but they did.  My account now has 2 more fees on it totaling $70 and their explanation again was "that's how we post things".  I said it doesn't make any sense that I signed that paper and you still did this to me and she said there's nothing that she can do and she cannot take the fees off because that's just how their system works now.  This is just unbelievable.  I think that this is horrible customer service and times are so hard right now to just pay all these fees every time they think that they can charge me.  I understand that it is my responsibility to keep track of my expenses but I really don't believe that this was my fault and just can't believe that this is even legal.  Looks like I am also stuck paying these new fees.  I will definitely be looking for another bank now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2010 06:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TD-Bank-NA/Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-08052/TD-Bank-NA-Went-back-on-the-form-that-I-signed-Cherry-Hill-New-Jersey-616832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TD Bank, N.A.

Issues With TD

AUTHOR: overitanon - (United States of America)

Was this recently? I'm having issues with them as well.

I signed up for PayPal with my TD account, but linked another banks debit card so I could pay through that. TD now is claiming I owe them $500, yet that money was also taken out of the account I had with the other bank. They're impossible to get through to lately.

Their customer service used to be excellent. I will be switching to another bank as well.

Customer "service" indeed..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

Get away from this bank. That is the short answer.