Complaint Review: TD Bank, N.A>

• Updated: Fri, December 24, 2010

• Reported By: Bob — Port St. Lucie Florida United States of America
TD Bank, N.A>
Po Box 9547 Port St. Lucie, Florida United States of America

TD Bank, N.A> Riverside National Bank Dispite FDIC, the Bank took my money Port St. Lucie, Florida

Today I found out that dispite the FDIC, the bank that took over my failed banktook my small balance of $13.29. I am a senior citizen and here is how they did it;

Riverside National Bank in Florida marketed and issued me a 'Free Checking for Life' account several years ago. No minimum balance, no maintenance fees for Life.

The bank fails in 2009-2010 and is picked up by the big TD Bank of North America. A guy named Kenneth at TD Bank said 'Life" meant the life of the bank, not me.

Apparently in the take over, they do not have to honor the committments to the customers of the existing bank and can grab all the accounts and set up new rules.

Without any grace period, the bank charged $15.00 to my $13.29 balance then hit it again with overdraft fees for another $35 bucks!

When I called they agreed to remove the fees but said my balance was now ZERO. So they did not remove the 1st $15 charge and told me they could not even look up my prior balance with Riverside National bank ... The Bank They Took OVER!

I kept asking:"so TD Bank, in taking over Riverside, is not honoring the committments made to the customers?" And they kept answering from the script: TD does not offer that product.

TD should not have been allowed to do that. They should have done the right thing and sent me a check for the balance in the Riverside Account.

Yes it was only $13.29 but I am a senior citizen and it is the principle of the matter not the amount. Iwill spendmuch more than that in my pursuit of spreading the word on this. So far 3 of my close friendsdecided topull their money out of TD in two different states.1 is also closing his TD Ameritrade account!

BecauseTD Bankdid not 'do the right thing' It will now cost them much more as I progress in the telling of this story to the Banking Commission, FDIC, the press and anyone else that will listen.

Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2010 12:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TD-Bank-NA/Port-St-Lucie-Florida-34592/TD-Bank-NA-Riverside-National-Bank-Dispite-FDIC-the-Bank-took-my-money-Port-St-Lucie-674972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TD Bank, N.A>