milk

• Updated: Fri, June 15, 2012

• Reported By: Jihan S. — Raleigh North Carolina USA
TD Bank at Montague St. in Brooklyn, NY
211 Montague St Brooklyn, New York United States of America

TD Bank at Montague St. in Brooklyn, NY Carlos Mitchell, Branch Manager as of June, 2012. Horrible Customer Service - The Worst Ever Received Brooklyn, New York

*General Comment: Actually all the signed for letter shows

At the beginning of April, I faxed a notice, requesting closure of my business acc't at the TD Bank on Montague Street in Brooklyn, NY. I live out of state and the closest branch is over 1.5 hours away so I could not close the account from my current location.

A few weeks later, I receive a statement, notifying that the account now had a negative balance due to the monthly maintenance fee. I called the branch 3 times asking if the fax had been received earlier to begin with. The first 2 customer service reps I spoke to barely wanted to help me. They both sounded as if they hated their jobs and offered no assistance. They sounded as if I were bothering them by calling the branch. The 3rd time I called, I asked to speak with the branch manager, Carlos Mitchell, and was left on hold for 10 minutes. Either the customer serv. rep never fetched him or he took his time getting to the phone.

Rather than seek help from someone at the branch, which I obviously wouldn't receive, I figured to just eat the overdraft charges, and send in a money order to cover the charges and close the acc't. This time, I mailed in a $90 money order at the end of May and used Signature Confirmation with the post office to ensure they received the money order. The tracking info shows that the envelope was received by the branch on June 4th. I received a notice in the mail about a week and a half ago, notifying that the account had been charged off. Today, June 14th, I called the charge-off center and ask if a money order had been applied to the account to close it out. I was told that it hadn't... which means that a $90 money order is floating around the TD Bank Montague branch somewhere.

I am livid. Exactly what kind of business are they running? How exactly do they plan to stay in business by offering such terrible customer service? This matter should have been settled at the beginning of April. Now, it should DEFINITELY be settled since I mailed a money order in an envelope ADDRESSED to the branch manager, with specific directions to close the account. The envelope has been received as the tracking number shows but I haven't received one phone call from any of the incompetent employees at the branch including the branch manager. This entire company is a joke.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2012 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TD-Bank-at-Montague-St-in-Brooklyn-NY/Brooklyn-New-York-11201/TD-Bank-at-Montague-St-in-Brooklyn-NY-Carlos-Mitchell-Branch-Manager-as-of-June-2012-897521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TD Bank at Montague St. in Brooklyn, NY

#1 General Comment

Actually all the signed for letter shows

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

is that TD Bank received a letter.  You cant really prove that a money order was inside the envelope. Let me ask you, when you first opened up the business account did you live closer to the branch, or did you have to drive 1.5 hours to open it up?

Maybe you should have driven the 1.5 hours to take care of this????