Complaint Review: TD Bank

Jaxckson Height Branch Jackson Height, New York USA
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

TD Bank charged me $175 for 5 stupid transactions.The transactions was only and only 0.25 cents each for feeding the parking meter.I never enrolled in overdraft crap at all.They want to refund me $70 the most,but guess what......i want my each penney back and i am going to court. Should not be very difficult for the bank to decline my 0.25 cents transactions instead approving it and charge me $35 each time...... Jackson Height New York

*Consumer Comment: If They Show - You Lose

*Author of original report: TD Bank

*General Comment: A couple of things...

*Author of original report: TD Bank

*Consumer Comment: Classic Case of Blaming Someone Else!

TD bank  charged me $175 for 5 stupid transactions.The transactions was only and only 0.25 cents each for feeding the parking meter.I never enrolled in overdraft crap at all.They want to refund me $70 the most,but guess what......i want my each penney back and i am going to court. Should not be very difficult for the bank to decline my 0.25 cents transactions instead approving it and charge me $35 each time......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 04:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TD-Bank/Jackson-Height-New-York-11377/TD-Bank-charged-me-175-for-5-stupid-transactionsThe-transactions-was-only-and-only-025-1060606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TD Bank

If They Show - You Lose

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

I doubt seriously anyone is going to shiver in their boots over a small claims suit.  Federal courts have ruled the ability to charge these sorts of transactions legal as long as its in your account agreement...and it generally is since those agreements are universal throughout the industry.  You are certainly entitled to your day in court, and if they show in court to respond to your case, the bank will win.  What you needed to do is opt out of overdraft - the truth is that the bank doesn't set overdraft protection for you - unless you request it.  All the bank has to do is show you accepted it...and you lose.  All of what I just wrote is Federal law and has been for a few years now.

In the future, don't use an account with $0 in it to pay for anything.  If the meter only takes a debit card, park elsewhere.  It is an expensive lesson you learned - make certain the lesson you learned is one of managing your money properly, and not thinking court will solve your problem.  It won't...especially if they show up.

AUTHOR: Saeed - ()

Mr.Jim,

Thanks so very much indeed.I do not use this TD Bank account at all.I just use this account to get direct deposit from labor department(Unemployment).On 6/12 i deposited a check for $405.This was my friend check.I signed on the back,she signed on the back.Bank gave me credit on 6/14 but took money back on 6/16.I have no clue why, until i went on bank site,and i found out that i been charged $175 over draft fees.I only and only used $1.75,mean .25 cents for 7 times in 2 days(feeding the parking meter) on 6/17.so bank charge me becasue i had no money in account.So i called 4 times,every times i waited for more than 17 minutes and finaly i hung up.I woke up at 2AM on Wednesday,went right thru and thn i found out the reason for over draft and they have no clue about my check.Long story short,bank offered me $107 the most.I refused.I filed the report wit BBB,i used three diffrent sites on FB and wrote down,used this site,went to Small Calim Court in Queens and sued the Bank.I got my money back this morning.I believed BBB or this site called  the Bank.They still gonna get a heart atttack when they gonna see the summons from the court.

This was bank mistake,they did not tell me  that whats wrong with my check.No o0ne have any idea that why bank returned my check.Apart from this, why would bank is approving my transaction every time when i have mno money in bank.I never enrolled in overdraft protection etc.My transcation should never approved PERIOD.....

I thank you and i am thankful to this site/page again.Have a wonderful week end and enjoy your summer.

#3 General Comment

A couple of things...

AUTHOR: Striderq - ()

The question is not if you enrolled in overdraft but if you opted out. If you had opted out then any transaction you attempted with your card that was for more than your available balance is declined. If you didn't opt out then you gave TD permission to authorize such transactions. And unfortunately if the OD is for $100 or $0.01 then the charge is $35 per OD item. Please file your court information so we can follow your case.  Don't work for TD and not judging, just trying to help you understand why/how you cost yourself $175 in fees so it doesn't happen anymore.

AUTHOR: Saeed - ()

Mister Jim,you are exaclty right,i should keep track of my balance,and i should know that if i have one dollor and 75 cents in my account or not.Regqardless ,bank should not approved my transactions no matter, if am capable to track my balance or not..I was not buying booze or any thing, its merely 25 cents only 5 times in one day for total of $1.75 cents.Just like you love to blame me in your capital letters so i am blaming TD bank....Bank offered me $75 but i want all my money back.You dont know the whole story,so please dont judge no one here,unless you work in TD bank.If i did any thing wrong than its does not mean Bank start to rip me off.THis is a establishment.I am not seeking millions and millions,its only my hard earn $175.Just to let you know,i sued them already.God bless America.

Classic Case of Blaming Someone Else!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Who's account is this?  YOURS.  Who's money goes into that account?  YOURS.  Who is responsible for knowing how much money is in YOUR account before YOU use YOUR account?  Y-O-U.

Like so many others, YOU don't keep records and keep using a card without knowing the balance in YOUR own account!  Amazing!  If YOU would have kept a written record of YOUR transactions and kept a running balance of YOUR account, then YOU wouldn't have overdrawn YOUR account and given YOURSELF overdraft fees.  There's no greed here, there's no conspiracy here, its just another sorry case of YOU having a checking account and YOU not keeping records...plain and simple!