Complaint Review: TD Bank

• Updated: Tue, March 25, 2014

• Reported By: Boros — Alabama
TD Bank
8661 Colesville Road Silver Spring, Maryland USA

TD Bank After looking at my business bank account I noticed that I was being charged over draft charges for items less that 2-5 dollars. In addition; even though Silver Spring Maryland

*Consumer Comment: You Have a Business???

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip-off

I opened a business account with TD Bank and after a few months of using the account I noticed that they we're charging me overdraft charges for items as small as $2.75. So I contact the branch manager of Silver Spring, MD 20910 and she stated that she cannot refund the overdraft charges because it wasn't a bank error. So I said, well I think you should reach out to the regional manager and have him or her refund the charges. Or the consequences will be grave as I will reach out to my lawyer to file a class action suit against this bank. Mind you I know a lot of people and Facebook is a great tool used to exploit companies ripping consumers off.

In addition, I'm in the technology field so I know how these things work. Anyway, this is probably the most common thing to say. However; I beg to differ. My account was being charged over draft fees even though the account was on a minus. So I asked her this is the same practice that Bank of America got into trouble for. Exploiting consumer and small business owner’s shame on you. This report is just a preliminary action against TD bank. TD bank practices unethically and I have witnessed it from how they have removed money from my account.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TD-Bank/Silver-Spring-Maryland-20910/TD-Bank-After-looking-at-my-business-bank-account-I-noticed-that-I-was-being-charged-over-1133600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TD Bank

You Have a Business???

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Let me see if I understand this....You have a business and a business checking account.  Yet, you don't keep a check register and a current running balance?  I'm impressed!

Not a rip-off

AUTHOR: coast - ()

A class action requires a large group of plaintiffs that suffered loss or injury due to fraud or negligence of another party. You are one person that suffered losses due to your own actions.

A business account that can’t cover a $2.75 expense is cognizant of a company in serious financial distress.