Complaint Review: TD Banknorth

• Updated: Tue, May 06, 2014

• Reported By: TDcustomer — Poughkeepsie New York
TD Banknorth
1850 South Road Poughkeepsie, New York USA

TD Banknorth Linda Braidy - Security Officer 845 431-6398 Safety Deposit Box Opened & Contents/Valuables Removed/Taken/Lost Poughkeepsie New York

I was a renter of a safety deposit box from TD Banknorth, formerly at 1895 (now 1850) South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY.  I received a notification as a safety deposit box renter that the bank branch was being relocated and that I should come in and remove the contents from my box by a certain date. Upon going to the bank to remove the contents it was discovered that my box had been opened (locks drilled) and the box and all of its contents removed. Supposedly none of the bank officials had any knowledge or explanation for what had happened to to my safety deposit box and its contents which included important papers, family heirlooms, collecible coins, jewery, etc. TD Banknorth officials were absolutely unhelpful in resolving this problem.

I contacted other TD Banknorth officials (including their local security officer and their regional legal office) without any solution and seemingly no real concern about the situation, all I received was promises, excuses and run around. I contacted the local (Town of Poughkeepsie) police department and filed a report that my safety deposit box had been open by TD Banknorth without my permission and all of its contents (provided a list of items/valuables contained in the box) removed. I was informed by the Police Dept that this was a civil, not criminal matter (which I couldn't understand since thousands of dollars in valuables entrusted to TD Banknorth had be taken/removed) and that I would have to pursue the matter in civil court, which I wasn't able to financially afford at the time.

The Police department contacted TD Banknorth and informed them that a report had been filed regarding the matter. I was referred by TD Banknorth to their security officer who promised to investigate the situation, but all I got was promises and run around the same as with other TD Banknorth officials.

I still haven't received any help in resolving this issue from TD Banknorth. In other words I have been "Ripped Off'' for thousands of dollars by the theives at TD Banknorth!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TD-Banknorth/Poughkeepsie-New-York-12601/TD-Banknorth-Linda-Braidy-Security-Officer-845-431-6398-Safety-Deposit-Box-Opened-Con-1144395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TD Banknorth